IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Recipe Format
> Margarita?S Marinade For Fish, makes THE BEST grilled salmon!
sam-I-am
post Jun 9 2004, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,522

Now that it is grilling season, I?m sure many of us will be out of the kitchen and in the yard cooking up some delicious bar-b cuisine. Over the past year or so I have been using this marinade for grilled salmon. And everyone RAVES about it! This would work just as well with other fish, but it particularly compliments the kinds with a strong flavor and hearty meat.

Ingredients: (these amounts are only suggestions, I never measure!)

1 lb. salmon filets (increase recipe for larger amounts of fish)
2 tbsp. Tequila (grilling will evaporate most alcohol away)*
juice from 1 lime
juice from 1/2 orange
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh thyme, or 1/4 tsp. dried
1/8 tsp. ground allspice

Rinse and pat dry the filets. Place them in a large Ziploc style bag or shallow baking dish. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl then pour over the filets. Refrigerate while the marinade works (about 15 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness).

In the meantime, fire up the grill! I use a charcoal grill, so I have no idea of the temp. But med/hot is probably about right. If you don?t have a wire fish holder designed for grilling fish in, then you better go get one! I imagine you could do this by putting the fish in foil, or directly on the grill if you are really good lifting and flipping without breaking apart the delicate meat. Either way you need to oil the fish griller or grill rack before adding the fish to avoid sticking. Once the fish is on the grill generously spoon or brush each side with the marinade, getting as many of the ?chunks? on there as possible.

Salmon grills pretty quickly and is cooked all the way through after about 8 minutes on each side (flipping often to avoid charring). Adjust the baking time as needed. Thinner filets will be done quicker.

This goes great with grilled veggie kabobs, or guacamole and salsa on brown rice.

* I?ve never made this without the tequila, so I don?t know how much of the flavor will be lost if it is left out. It?s a trivial amount in the recipe and any ?illegal? values are scant. But it?s a personal decision. (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Enjoy! And have a great summer!
(IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Sam
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- sam-I-am   Margarita?S Marinade For Fish   Jun 9 2004, 01:21 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 07:32 PM