IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lotsa Food News Today!, www.washingtontimes.com (business)
DawnStorm
post Jun 24 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

Coke and Pepsi are unveiling 'Low-Carb' versions of their colas. Today's Washington Times has a good article on it, and a graph that compares the carbs, sugar and calories of Low-Carb, Diet and Regular Coke and Pepsi. Get this: the low-carb stuff has 13g's of sugar! (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Seems to me that if you want to drink Coke/Pepsi, you're better off sticking to the diet stuff, which has zero carbs and zero sugar.
Right under the low-carb soda article is another article about a new low-carb potato, a new type of spud that has only 13g of carbs per serving. The spud should be available next January.
Jeeze, everybody's got to get into the act! (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
davew
post Jun 25 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

Lolly,

So glad to hear from you. We've missed you. I hope you have your PC sufficiently vaccinated by now to stay around for a while.

I work in the cellular phone industry, or at least on the fringe of it. I'm actually more involved with folks who work for the big phone companies: Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Seimens, Panasonic, etc.

We sell equipment to test the phones, both as part of the design, and more so in the manufacturing of the phones. Big business.

There are two international standards committees on these phones, on on technologies generally used in the Americas, Korea, and many other places, and the other generally in Europe, Japan, and most the rest of the world. Lolly, you may know of this one as either W-CDMA or UMTS. It is the latest service from 3 or Orange that doesn't work very well yet. I'm on the committee for the Americas.

This group meets for a week once a month, 10 months a year. Three of these are in Asia, one each in Japan, Korea, and China. Six a year in in North America, and every December we meet in Hawaii. This year will be my 12th company paid business trip there. Usually we go to Maui, but this year will be on Kauai, my favorite.

As far as favorite places goes, I really don't have one favorite. It's like food and wine, there are many great options, limiting to only one would be a sacrafice. But, Kauai has to be very high. I should add that when I travel (especially for fun, not business) I really don't want to shop. A beach, any beach is really high on my list. I also really like snow skiing. Living in the northwest, we have great access to that locally but plan on going further away now that both my sons have graduated college.

Many places don't have any sugar substitutes or sugar free drinks available. Good thing I like water, and it's OK virtually everywhere I go.

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 10:30 PM