Group: Members
Member No.: 79

Freeze Ahead Breakfast Pizzas
1/4 c butter, softened
1 5 oz. jar sharp Cheddar cheese processed food spread
1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
1 onion, chopped
5-6 ww English muffins, split

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the butter and cheese spread. Blend well. Crumble the sausage into a large skillet and cook over med. heat with the onion. Drain well on paper towels. Combine the sausage and cheese mixtures. Spread on the split sides of the English muffins. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool the ones that you want to freeze and freeze individually on trays. Wrap well and place in heavy-duty Ziploc freezer bags. Makes 10-12 pizzas.

To reheat, microwave each pizza for 1-2 min. on high heat until pizzas are hot and the cheese is melted.

Frozen Breakfast Burritos
12 eggs, beaten
2 T butter
1 lb. pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
1/2 c salsa
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
24 ww tortillas

In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the eggs and cook until scrambled and set. Add cooked sausage and salsa to the eggs mixture. Warm tortillas. Place 1/2 c egg mixture onto each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up each tortilla to make burritos. Place on wax paper lined cookie sheets and freeze until solid. Then wrap individually and package in Ziploc freezer bags.

To reheat, unwrap the burrito(s), wrap loosely in paper towel and microwave on high heat for 1-3 min. until hot and the cheese is melted. You can also thaw burritos in the refrigerator overnight, then wrap each in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes until hot.

This post has been edited by lvegeais: Aug 1 2004, 10:18 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 4 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,340

sounds too good and easy. I will definately have to give this a try. I'm always
wondering what to fix or eat. I'll try this for those mornings I'm running late.
Thanks crystal
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2018 - 08:22 PM