> Let's Have Some Dark Chocolate, Research suggest it's good for you
post Aug 30 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

Heres an article I just saw at

Chocolate Helps Improve Blood Flow Reduce Heart Disease
August 30, 2004

Eating dark chocolate may not leave you with the feeling of guilt anymore. Greek researchers say they have evidence that shows chocolate improves the function of blood vessels, which in turn helps prevent dangerous blood clots and can help to reduce heart disease

However, don't plan a daily meal of chocolate because the researchers warn the weight gain from eating too much chocolate would cancel out the benefit.

Researchers presented their findings at the annual meeting of the European Society of Cardiology in Germany over the weekend.

The study conducted by Greek researchers involved 17 volunteers who ate 100 grams of dark chocolate. A control group ate a non-chocolate substitute.

Researchers used ultrasound to measure the effect on blood flow and they found improved function of the endothelial cells in the arteries for about three hours after the volunteers had eaten the chocolate.

Only 100 grams? That's over 3 oz.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 30 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 51

Oh thanks Dave! That's all I need -- another excuse to eat chocolate! LOL!

+Quote Post
post Aug 30 2004, 11:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,522

What I have started doing is adding a little chunk of unsweetened chocolate to my coffee. Of course I also add lots of sweetener and cream! I don't have coffee very often. In fact I don't even have a coffee machine. But my hubby goes out for a newspaper every Sunday morning and brings me back a small Starbucks.

The little bit of added chocolate makes a great treat even better. IMO (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Sam
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2018 - 01:03 AM