Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Food Nay's Or Yay's
blackmangopit
post Feb 3 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Lurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,185

OK, I need some help with some of these foodstuffs. Are dried fruit and salted nuts allowed (no sugar added)? I know corn is not ok but how about blue corn since it's not a hybrid variety and naturallly occuring? I bought some organic blue corn chips (with just sunflower oil and salt added) for the game Sunday. I make my own pasta sauce and add about a tablespoon of sugar to cut down on the acidity. I also add red wine vinegar which I read that vinegar cuts down on the GL. I make about a 40 oz. jar worth of sauce so the amount is not a lot. Is that ok to still put in it? What about onions? Aren't they a high GI food? I went shopping today and bought a sprouted whole wheat 100% whole grain bread that has to be refrigerated. I'm assuming that is a very good carb right? The ingredients are: organic whole wheat berries, filtered water, organic dates, wheat gluten, sea salt, organic raisins, fresh yeast, soy based lecithin. It has lots of crunchy grains throughout and is not sweet at all but it's delicious. Hodgson Mill makes a tri-color macaroni with enriched semolina with tomato, beet, and spinach powders. I'm assuming that's not ok to eat. Lastly, with all the talk in the SB book about eating like our ancestors...is it geared toward European ancestors because Asian culture has been eating rice forever right? My husband is Indian and they eat basmati rice which is the most delicious rice I've ever had but don't eat much of it because I got sick of it over the years. Indian culture is about 5000 years old and they've been eating rice since then right? One last thing, what is the word out on CLA's (conjugated linoleic acid)? I've read in some medical literature that it's supposed to help with weight loss. I've been taking them for a few weeks now. Any answers would be helpful. TIA. (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by blackmangopit: Feb 3 2005, 07:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jokeje
post Feb 3 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,333

Dear BMP,
WOW!! What great research and questions!

As far as the blue corn chips, I've bought them as well (we have some in the kitchen now for the kids), but I'm afraid they still aren't legal. Probably better than the other, but I think the whole thing surrounding it is the response on your blood sugar.

As far as the rice, the brown basmati is very good! Also, try pearled barley as an alternative...high in fiber. I tried it as a breakfast cereal this morning with a little cinnamon, Splenda, margarine & a splash of milk. It was good and VERY filling!

Onions - yes, beets - no, as far as the small amount of sugar in your sauce that would probably be ok, the "organic" raisins - I'd tend to say no. As for the CLA, I have no clue!! Hopefully someone else can answer that one!

Anyone...jump in!!!

Joanie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 01:00 AM