Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fiber One Cereal
hockeyaf14
post Dec 13 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,039

Does anyone know if the General Mills Fiber One Cereal is legal? It has 0g sugar, and the label said that it was made of whole wheat flour, but I'm still skeptical b/c it isn't that bland, it's actually quite good. If anyone knows, please reply!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Dec 13 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Master

Member No.: 3,903

Hockey,
You need to read the ingredients.
I am not familar with that product.
0 sugars is good, whole wheat is good, but what else does it have?

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Dec 14 2005, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Master

Hi again,
I checked the ingredients online and there is "cornbran and cornstarch".
Which makes it "not legal".

Is it better than most? Yes! But still not legal.

+Quote Post
Jadalite
post Jan 3 2006, 05:42 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,822

Definitely not legal because of those two ingredients. Hard to say if it's "better than most." I wouldn't eat anything with corn products in it or anything that says "starch." (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (easyecm @ Dec 13 2005, 07:24 PM)
Hi again,
I checked the  ingredients online and there is "cornbran and cornstarch".
Which makes it "not legal".

Is it better than most? Yes! But still not legal.

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Jan 3 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #5

Master

Juda,
I would not eat it either. But, it does have more fiber than most.

+Quote Post
brewnz34
post Jan 3 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #6

Lurker

Member No.: 4,553

QUOTE (hockeyaf14 @ Dec 13 2005, 11:19 AM)
Does anyone know if the General Mills Fiber One Cereal is legal? It has 0g sugar, and the label said that it was made of whole wheat flour, but I'm still skeptical b/c it isn't that bland, it's actually quite good. If anyone knows, please reply!!

Hi Hockeyaf14:
Fiber One by General Mills IS LEGAL!! I used to put it in my yogurt for fiber. It is also in the New Sugar Busters shoppers Guide as being acceptable...

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Jan 4 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #7

Master

Brew,
Interesting!
As it does list "cornstarch & cornbran" in the ingridient list.

+Quote Post
Jadalite
post Jan 14 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #8

I've lost my copy of the Shopper's Guide, but I don't remember it being listed; maybe there is a new version or I missed seeing that entry. Guess I should check the bookstore and see if there's a new one out.

Not sure why it would be "legal" with the two corn ingredients. I still would skip it until they removed those two things. (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
dianna
post Jan 18 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,622

(IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I just tryed Uncle Sams and it has a real nice taste to my surprise. Bust how much of this unmeasured stuff shoud you have?

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Jan 19 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #10

Master

Dianna,

What do you mean by "unmeasured stuff "?

I cannot understand why this would be legal, with "cornbran and cornstarch"?

But, I don't have the guide anymore.
Ed

+Quote Post
dianna
post Jan 19 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,622

Well Ed I got the name brand Uncle Sames from my SB book, so I hope it is ok, other wise I have another box I cant use. Un measured, like when you pour it into a bowl, large or small see what I mean, or you suppose to use only 1 serving portions?

I would have never bought the cereal if it hadn't been in the book. thxs Di

+Quote Post
Shaingrala
post Jan 19 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Lurker

Member No.: 4,633

I'm so new at this that I'm reading the Shopper's Guide and browsing through this message board trying to find out what in the world to do first but on Page 28. Cereal: Fiber One (General Mills) is considered LEGAL. (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Jan 20 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #13

Master

I would go with the guide.

I personally would not eat it as it does have "cornbran & cornstarch".

I would also think that even though SB's traditionally does not "limit" servings, it is possible that because the of the serving size (small) it is legal.

However, corn in "all" it's forms (except cornoil) were not legal in the original book. That is the book that I used so many years ago. I guess things change with time?

I would listen to what the authors have to say, as opposed to what I have to say! Although, they wrote the book, We do live it! lol!

In closing, (sorry, I do tend to bloviate on occasion) If you try that cereal and you don't loose weight, then eliminate it and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Take care,

Ed

This post has been edited by easyecm: Jan 20 2006, 12:44 AM

+Quote Post
Jadalite
post Jan 21 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #14

I also would go with the guide. I need to buy a new copy, though, because I still think it's odd that a product with any kind of corn would be "legal."

Ed, corn and corn products are specifically discussed as "unacceptible" in every revision of the Sugar Busters books I have. And if memory serves, corn is on the blacklist in the shopper's guide as well, so if Fiber One is in there, it's likely another of those SB contradictions.

I would personally not eat Fiber One or anything with corn anything in it, as I have had too much success with the basic SB premise of eliminating these things.

Re corn, many eons ago, it WAS a healthy item but it's been hybridized so much that modern varieties are very high glycemic and it's likely (IMO) no accident that populations that eat it as a staple diet have a high rate of diabetes. This actually ISN'T just my opinion, it's a large basis of the Sugar Busters premise.

(IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
vernon
post Sep 20 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,209

Hi friend, I know I should follow the 'rules' more often and yet I have found that I love corn very much and I love to eat the Mexican Cornbread meal pancakes which I add more tabasco sauce to them and that's very good although at the same time, I have found out when I eat as much as I want, my blood sugar goes sky high since I add corn to the Mexican Cornmeal since that's even better so I have to have a small portion, I think the word 'moderation' is a dirty word, but I think eating less is a good word and although it's not easy to do at times, I don't think of it as a dirty word. I think that if you insist on eating corn, it's much better to eat the whole corn compared to the cream corn which has more sugar or it sure tastes much more sweet to me so I use the whole corn. I like the Homeny corn although I am sure it will be said that it's bad for diabetics.

As far as Fiber One, or All Bran, I think they are very healthy for diabetics since they help you to have more fiber in your meal plan and I am planning to see which has more fiber and then add this to my Oatmeal when it's through cooking, but I know I will have to pay a lot of money to get this taken care of.

The more fiber I eat, including the beans, the less I want to eat.
Have a blessed day.
In Christ, Vernon

QUOTE (Jadalite @ Jan 20 2006, 08:53 PM)
I also would go with the guide. I need to buy a new copy, though, because I still think it's odd that a product with any kind of corn would be "legal."

Ed, corn and corn products are specifically discussed as "unacceptible" in every revision of the Sugar Busters books I have. And if memory serves, corn is on the blacklist in the shopper's guide as well, so if Fiber One is in there, it's likely another of those SB contradictions.

I would personally not eat Fiber One or anything with corn anything in it, as I have had too much success with the basic SB premise of eliminating these things.

Re corn, many eons ago, it WAS a healthy item but it's been hybridized so much that modern varieties are very high glycemic and it's likely (IMO) no accident that populations that eat it as a staple diet have a high rate of diabetes. This actually ISN'T just my opinion, it's a large basis of the Sugar Busters premise.

(IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 07:44 PM