Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fiber One Cereal
post Dec 13 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,039

Does anyone know if the General Mills Fiber One Cereal is legal? It has 0g sugar, and the label said that it was made of whole wheat flour, but I'm still skeptical b/c it isn't that bland, it's actually quite good. If anyone knows, please reply!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Start new topic
post Jan 21 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,822

I also would go with the guide. I need to buy a new copy, though, because I still think it's odd that a product with any kind of corn would be "legal."

Ed, corn and corn products are specifically discussed as "unacceptible" in every revision of the Sugar Busters books I have. And if memory serves, corn is on the blacklist in the shopper's guide as well, so if Fiber One is in there, it's likely another of those SB contradictions.

I would personally not eat Fiber One or anything with corn anything in it, as I have had too much success with the basic SB premise of eliminating these things.

Re corn, many eons ago, it WAS a healthy item but it's been hybridized so much that modern varieties are very high glycemic and it's likely (IMO) no accident that populations that eat it as a staple diet have a high rate of diabetes. This actually ISN'T just my opinion, it's a large basis of the Sugar Busters premise.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2018 - 12:04 AM