Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Filtered Soup, What difference does it make?
post Sep 21 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,209

[B][FONT=Arial]Hi friend;

I am glad that I am back to being active or more than I was for a year, but I will be posting about my health how it was and how it is now before long, I hope.

I am using a filter and hot water to hopefully filter out things in the Condensed Soup which makes it tastes better and the soup has about 5-6g's of sugar per can, no fooling me with small servings. I have added water to the soup after filtering it out and it still tastes yummy so this might be a bad sign that it is not filtering enough of the forbodden foods. This tastes great along and I found it has lower sodium and less sugar 'taste' to me and since it tastes better, I will stick with this none the less, but I wanted to hear what you think. I found eating one can more during the day is helpful since I used to eat three cans at once more than once a day so I was still eating this more than once before. I remind myself I can eat another can before long, I am often more satisfied with this.

By the way, I am diabetic and need to eat more smaller meals in a day. My blood sugar has been coming down on average which is outstanding news for sure.

My point of view extends to the Canned Chili with or without beans although I have only tried the kind with beans so far, but I will buy the kind without beans before long, but they tastes much better than with the 'sauces' in them.

I love homemade soups, but I will add what is considered forbodden here and I tend to eat a lot more than I should since I make plenty of it and although the homemade kind might be better for you, if you eat a lot more at one time for some time, then it's better to not eat much of the homemade soup. I did not have the AC on during the hot summer from May to September, sometimes summer does not end until November, but I would love to cook soup all year around, but I have to wait until it's cool enough for me to cook it and not sweat heavily.

I also rince out the Mixed veggies and such when I don't have the kind which are without added salt since this seems to be a great policy at least to me.

Although I know they have lots of sugar in them, I eat the apples at times, but I am not a heavy fruit eater, and yet I like to eat them for the fiber.

Thank-you for reading this message, and please respond if you can.
In Christ, Vernon
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2018 - 02:45 PM