Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why Is Everyone So Down On Splenda?
mrguinness
post Jan 7 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Lurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,614

I am surprised to read all the neg stuff about Splenda in these forums. I have read some "bad" things about it, but most have been generated from that whack job Joseph Mercola.

I have found splenda to be a great sugar substitute. Took a while to get used to it's "lighter" strength than Sweet & Low or Equal, but I have, and even better that I am enjoying things "less" sweet these days. And the health issues with S&L and Equal make it the hands down thing to do.

I have tried Stevia and that one that people say tastes like licorice (cant remember the name at the moemnt). Both were terrible.

Can anyone comment?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
2sweet4me
post Jan 8 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,498

Hi there, I think that your statement kinda says it all for me "And the health issues with S&L and Equal make it the hands down thing to do. " Thats the reason that I have been searching out totally natural alternatives. I think the jury is still out on these substitutes for years to come and I think there is a lot of misinformation out there. (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I dont want to go off on Spenda, so just suffice it to say I've never tried it nor plan to. After a total sugar removal from my diet, I did a lot of reading on the subject, and decided to try Agave Nectar (very delicious by the way). I was even happier when I managed to find it locally, not having to purchase it online. I am very happy with the agave, and I think that everyone should use what they feel is safe and heathful for themselves and their families. Remember that children dont get a whole lot of choice of what goes into their bodies, and the fact that they are so much smaller seems like it might make them more vulnerable to side effects. I never tried the Stevia, beacuse I really really dislike licorice. Hope this helps! (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Have a gr8 day!

+Quote Post
mrguinness
post Jan 9 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #3

Lurker

Member No.: 6,614

BTW, that OTHER natural sweetener, we just figured out which one it was...

> Sweet Simplicity? contains erythritol and fructose as its sweetening ingredients. Small amounts of natural
> flavors are also added. A 6-Gram packet contains approximately 5 grams erythritol and 1 gram fructose.

FWIW, I put a full packet in a small coffee and tasted no sweetness whatsoever.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 08:32 AM