IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Found A Very Active New Site, GREAT SITE WITH RECIPE CALCULATOR
dsg1012
post Feb 20 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,975

PLEASE COME TO THIS SITE TO CHECK IT OUT. IT IS VERY ACTIVE AND I HAVE STARTED A LOW GI FORUM. IT HAS A RECIPE CALCULATOR AND EVERYTHING. IT IS SO GREAT TO TYPE IN THE RECIPE AND GET THE FULL BREAKDOWN OF CAL, CARB ETC.

SPARKPEOPLE NUTRITION IS THE SITE.

DONA1012 IS MY NAME IN THERE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
yourmarklindsay
post Apr 2 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,107

PS - I just logged in and found the forum. Thanks.

Lindsay

This post has been edited by yourmarklindsay: Apr 2 2007, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
molly
post Apr 2 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #3

Master

Member No.: 51

Lindsay.. what low GI foods are prohibited on SugarBusters?

molly

+Quote Post
yourmarklindsay
post Apr 2 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,107

Maybe I dont completely understand SB (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) yet but according to this webpage http://www.nutricoach.net/low_gi_foods.html (and others I have seen ) there are low GI foods such as Peanut M&Ms, Snickers Bars, Tomato soup, low fat icecream, macaroni, carrots, etc. that are not ok on SB.

A diabetic can even have some foods in the moderate GI catagory such as taco shells, blueberry muffins and so on. It seems more limited on SB...for example I found Triscuts that are Garden Herb flavored that have 0 sugars yet have one of the no no ingredients. I welcome any help...I would litterally be willing to pay someone to help me identify specific brands and items of foods that are acceptable...it seems like most things have high fructose syrup or cornstarch or some kind of illegal flour...even my pickles and fat free hot dogs had high fructose corn syrup...my dressings which had 1 g of sugar or less mostly all had high fructose corn syrup...most breads even whole grain have high fructose corn syrup...so while I finally found a hotdog that didnt have any illegal ingredients, I cant find any legal buns to go with it...i have looked at Wal-Mart, Bi-Lo ( a grocery store here), Whole Foods, and Publix...I found whole wheat/whole grain hotdog buns but the all have an illegal substance.

Also can you have things that are made from concentrate (like OJ) if the label says no sugar added?

Help!

Lindsay

QUOTE (molly @ Apr 2 2007, 07:37 PM) *
Lindsay.. what low GI foods are prohibited on SugarBusters?

molly

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 05:34 AM