Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back Again
Domenique
post Jun 22 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #1

Lurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,316

Hi Everyone: I've tried just about every way of eating and every diet, and I feel that Sugarbusters is the only one that makes sense. What I'm not sure of is the breakdown of carbs, i.e. bread, rice, pasta (whole grain, of course). How much are you allowed per day? Can you have a sandwich with 2 pieces of whole grain bread for lunch? Thank you for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
easyecm
post Jun 23 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #2

Master

Member No.: 3,903

Hi,
Welcome here.
We do not count carb, this is not a low carb diet. In fact it is not a diet at all!
To answer your question, yes you can have that for lunch. But, everyone has to learn what works form them. I have no problems with eating 2-3 slices of SGWW bread in a day.
Stop back often, ask questions, read old posts, as your question has probably been asked before.
Take care,
Ed

+Quote Post
3lilboysmom
post Jun 23 2007, 03:01 AM
Post #3

Master

Member No.: 2,956

Hi, Domenique, and welcome!

I echo what Ed said - you will find that you are going to have to play around with portions on this WOE (way of eating) to see what works for you. Some people can have several servings of legal carbs each day with success, while others find that it hinders their weight loss. You might try only having ww carbs at 2 meals a day for a week and see how it goes. If it works, keep it up. If it doesn't, then cut back a bit. Some people also find that having their carbs for breakfast and lunch work better than at dinner. Again, you'll have to do some experimenting to see what works for you! Good luck, and post often!

(IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Pam

+Quote Post
Domenique
post Jun 23 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #4

Lurker

Member No.: 7,316

QUOTE (easyecm @ Jun 23 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Hi,
Welcome here.
We do not count carb, this is not a low carb diet. In fact it is not a diet at all!
To answer your question, yes you can have that for lunch. But, everyone has to learn what works form them. I have no problems with eating 2-3 slices of SGWW bread in a day.
Stop back often, ask questions, read old posts, as your question has probably been asked before.
Take care,
Ed

+Quote Post
Eeyore
post Jun 24 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,294

Hi Domenique,

This is what I love about this SB way of eating, you don't have to count carbs, calories, or fat grams, all you have to do is monitor how much sugar you intake. I love it! No food journals, not points to count! As I have found out, the hardest part is determining the right foods to eat, and what you can and cannot have. I am still learing what to eat and what not to eat, but I feel once I learn the good from the bad, this way of eating will be a breeze. I also have to learn portion control, which is going to be a challenge all in itself. I also agree with the others, read old posts, and ask questions, I have gathered alot of information by reading the older posts, and some of Molly's recipes aren't too bad either....

+Quote Post
chana
post Jun 24 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #6

Master

Group: Validating
Member No.: 7,141

Hi, Domenique,

I don't know if this will help you because we each have our own way of doing things, but I don't count sugar or carbs; I just try to eat unprocessed foods, and I stay away from (mostly (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) the list of illegals. I'm also one of those with portion control issues, so what I do count is the number of nuts I eat! I've also found that, for me, more than one fruit per day hinders "weight loss".

Don't give up! And post often.

Chana (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 03:22 AM