1/2 Cup 5 minute oats

1 cup water

2 TB Extra virgin coconut oil
(has the best flavor)

1 tsp Peanut butter

Sweetner to taste

Cinnamon to taste

Cream or Half and Half (optional)

Cook oatmeal for 5 minutes per package directions.
Put coconut oil and peanut butter in the bottom of your bowl. Spoon in the hot oatmeal when its ready. Wait a minute then stir to combine. Add Cinnamon to taste, drizzle with cream.

Note: Toast the oats before cooking for an extra nutty flavor. Kids love this oatmeal!

This post has been edited by luscious: Dec 21 2009, 07:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2sweet4me
post Nov 16 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,498

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Oh my, This is really delicious! Thanks for posting this, it is so simple. The best part about it is that adding the peanut butter really makes this super satisfying! I have found that when I eat this for breakfast (20 minutes after my morning piece of fruit, of course), that I am not hungry for at least 2-3 hours afterward! I also add a teaspoon full of ground flax seed as well to get extra Omega 3.
I try to have my lunch already made or planned so that when im ready for lunch, there is no rummaging through the fridge to temp me to have something else. Unfortunately,my hubby is NOT on this WOE and there is temptation in every cabinet, and on every shelf of the fridge. If anyone has a simular situation and has any ideas that works for them, I would really love to hear about it. Also, this oatmeal has become my sons favorite breakfast. He doesnt even like the packaged packets of oatmeal that has a bunch of sugar in it anymore. Great recipe! Thanks again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 09:43 AM