Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Recipe Format
> Good website, Lots of recipes!
post Jul 24 2003, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 650

Our newspaper (Atlanta) had a section this morning on diabetes in the food section with lots of good information. They listed this website ... www.diabeticgourmet.com as a resource. I looked through it and found some really good recipes, including this one that needs just a touch of adapting ...

Chocolate Cake!

1 Cup bran cereal
1 Cup water
1/3 Cup sugar OR dry sugar substitute equivalent (such as Sugar Twin)
1 Medium egg
1/4 Cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Chocolate flavoring
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp soda
1/4 Cup cocoa, preferably Dutch-process
1/4 Cup sugar
2 Tbsp instant nonfat dry milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Place bran, water, sugar or sugar substitute, egg, canola oil, vanilla, chocolate flavoring and lemon juice in a mixer bowl. Mix lightly and let stand for 30-45 minutes.
Combine flour, soda, cocoa, sugar, dry milk, cinnamon and salt and stir to blend well. Add flour mixture to the bran mixture and mix at medium speed about 1/2 minute or until well blended.
Place in a spray-coated 9-inch square cake pan and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until the cake springs back when touched in the center and sides pull away from the pan. Cool to room temperature and cut into 3x4-inch squares to yield 12 squares. Use 1 square per serving.

Calories: 119
Sodium: 224 mg
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread, 1 Fat
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Start new topic
post Jul 24 2003, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 388

Thanks Zoog, I'm emailing the address to my sis - who is a recipe junkie! She also cooks and bakes a lot more than I do. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll do a chocolate cake (IMG:http://www.sugarbustersforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- zooglidood   Good website   Jul 24 2003, 01:58 PM
- - eliza1057   I go to google and put in sugar free recipes and i...   Jul 24 2003, 06:40 PM
- - Kate   Thanks Zoog, I'm emailing the address to my si...   Jul 24 2003, 09:47 PM
- - lisa   Thanks for the heads up. Great website.   Jul 29 2003, 03:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2018 - 01:05 AM