Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Recipe Format
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spaghetti Casserole, made from leftovers!
post Sep 10 2003, 01:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,333

Ok...since you make it with leftovers, this is HIGHLY FLEXIBLE!!! I had made a pasta alfredo dish with chicken, onions, zucchini, mushrooms & yellow squash. I cooked a WHOLE box of angel hair pasta, so we had lots left over! I didn't combine the vegetables/meat with the alfredo sauce...I just layed and ladeled so we could use the leftovers.

This is great, because you can basically cook two meals with one prep/cook time and still have a hearty meal. The other good thing is that this doesn't have too much cheese in it, but you could always add some ricotta or mozzerella if you REALLY love it and have it on hand.

Spray 9x9 pan with Pam.

Ingredient List...which can vary!

8 ounces SGWW spaghetti or angel hair pasta, cooked
2 - 3 cups of leftover sauted vegetables
1 - 2 cups of dices/shredded chicken or seafood or Italian sausage
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (we used one with Italian sausage already in it)
4 - 5 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese (or amount to your liking)

Assembly -

If you like, you can put a little of the sauce in the bottom of the pan. Next, put the pasta in the bottom of the dish. Next goes the vegetables/meat. Next goes the rest of the sauce. At this point, you can either refrigerate or freeze for another meal and cook as you would any other frozen lasagne type dish.

Just before cooking (or if it's frozen, probably during the last 15 or 20 mins), top with the freshly grated parmesan.

Bake at 350 for about 25 - 30 mins or until bubbly.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2018 - 06:22 PM