Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chicken, Pesto, And Peppers With Pasta, Pasta
davew
post Sep 25 2003, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

This is from Sara Moulton of Sara's Secrets on Food Network. You buy a rotissiere chicken at the market, or you can roast your own, about 70 minutes at 350 is typical. You throw away the skin, and all the sugar BBQ sauce the stores generally use, so the fat is gone, too. That doesn't make this a low fat dinner, though.

I roast the peppers on a gas grill. I set it to MAX and let it heat to at least 500. The peppers are placed on the grill, and turned about every 3 - 4 minutes. After about 13 minutes, they are completely black on all sides. This is what you want. You can do the same thing over the gas flame of a stove (I have electric). Let the peppers cool, faster if you cut them open and let the steam out.

I used Calamata Greek olives for this, I like their flavor more than black. To pit these, I use a cherry pitter; the seed just flies out.

Use gentle heat on the garlic, it will burn easily. If it does burn, throw it out and start with new.

Use a legal pasta.

I also did all the assembly in the frying pan, so I reheated the pasta some at serving time.

The recipe said it serves 4, but I think that may be a little small. But, that would be about the SB limit on carbs for a meal. Add a salad or other vegetable?

Fresh Fettucine with Pulled Rotissiere Chicken, Pesto, and Roasted Peppers
Recipe courtesy Sara Moulton

2/3 cup basil pesto
9-ounce package fresh fettucine
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups pulled cooked chicken meat
2 cups sliced roasted red bell peppers
1/2 cup pitted olives, halved lengthwise
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for the table

Put the pesto in a large bowl.

Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water. Whisk the pasta water into the pesto.

While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken, peppers, and olives and cook, stirring until hot, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the pasta and cheese to the pesto and toss to combine. Add the chicken mixture and combine. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately. Pass Parmesan at the table.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 09:32 PM