Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Veggie Burgers W/sun-dried Tomato Mayo
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
Kate
Veggie Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Mayo From Miavita

Serve up these quick sandwiches, and you just might convert a carnivore tonight! Serve with baked sweet potatoes; a favorite green vegetable; baked apples for dessert.

Ingredients

4 - veggie burgers
4 - whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- - dash of paprika
6 - sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), snipped into slivers
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup fat-free or reduced-calorie mayonnaise

Preparation - Estimated cooking time: under 30 minutes -

1 In a small dish, combine sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and 2 tbsp. water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on medium-high for 20 seconds. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow tomatoes to plump up. Stir mayonnaise and paprika into tomato mixture.
2 Heat a stovetop grill pan or heavy-bottomed saut? pan over medium-high heat. Cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
3 Place burgers in buns and garnish with a dollop of sun-dried tomato mayonnaise.
maccsale
These sound great! Are there particular veggie burgers that you know are SB compatible? I ate the Morningstar Farms Black Bean Burgers before SB, but wouldn't know if they are legal.

Anita
Kate
Don't know for sure if they're strictly legal, but since Morningstar is such a good source of protein, I haven't worried. Black beans are, soy beans are, and I don't have a package to check on the fillers...
Lolly
I am a veggie myself and these sound like a little piece of heaven to me. I will definately be trying these myself.

Thanks for the tip! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.