Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plantains With Chocolate
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
1 ripe plantain - sliced in half then length-wise twice (gives you eight slices)
2 small Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate

Break up the chocolate. Spread chocolate over half the plantain slices and cover with the other half. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.

Serves 2.

Great for an occasional treat!
Hello furperson

Welcome aboard!

Please excuse my ignorance but what are plantains?

Love lolly
They're a lot like bananas but not quite as sweet. You can serve them as I have said, but another way is to slice them into disks green (after you peel them smile.gif and saute them in butter - great starch for a meal.

I think the best place to find them if you don't have them in your grocery store is at a mexican grocers. They should be next the bananas. Do a google image search on plantains - you'll get many ideas.

Lolly....glad you asked before I did, because I didn't know either! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sounds good, but plantains are almost as bad as bananas! Bananas have a GI of 84 and plantians have a GI of 74! I think that anything under 55 is considered low. These treats should be VERY infrequent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.