Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sgww Biscuits
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
I haven't tried these, let us know if they work out.

Quick Mix

8 1/2 cups SGWW Pastry Flour (stone ground whole wheat)
4 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Salt
2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups instant nonfat dry milk
2 1/4 cups shortening

In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. With a pastry knife, cut in the shortening until evenly distributed. Mixture will resemble cornmeal in texture. Put in an airtight container. Label and store in a cool dry place.

Never Fail Rolled Biscuits

3 cups Quick Mix
2/3 cup milk or water
Preheat oven to 450. Combine Quick Mix and milk in a medium bowl. Blend well and let sit for 5 minutes. On a lightly floured(SGWW) board, knead dough about 15 times. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or glass. Place about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 min until golden brown. Makes about 12 biscuits.

Originaly posted on Sweettalk website.
Thanks dave, I can't wait to try these. I will probably make them this coming weekend. I will let you know the results. Thanks for responding. crystal huh.gif
Me too - they sound delicious!

Thanks Dave

love lolly
Hello Dave, I tried those sgww biscuits. They were not bad w/butter and sf jelly. They were a little grainy. At least my family tried them also. My oldest daughter 12 years old stated she like them. I gues if I was really wanting a biscut they would work. I will make them again. Thanks again for the recipe. Also what sgww brand flour do you purchase or is your favorite???? Thanks crystal unsure.gif smile.gif
biggrin.gif Dave I tried those sgww biscuits again with buttermilk and mixed up and made as spoon bisuits. They were alot better this time my family liked them better this time than the first. thanks again for the recipe. crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.