Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pudding
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
nursejodie
Does anyone have a legal pudding recipe. I bought some Hood low carb milk and thought pudding would be a good treat. Have you heard of a recipe? Jodie in GA
nacks
well, I am not 100% sure, but I would think that some of the sugar free boxed pudding mixes you can find at the local grocery store would be legal (I know that Jello brand has a bunch of sugar free puddings). From my understanding, regular milk (2% or skim) should be fine for SB. I have tried the hood milk as well (and like it) but I don't think that it is needed for SB.

-Nick
shel1210
I use the good old sugar free Jello pudding mixes when I get a craving for pudding. As with everything, moderation is the key though. wink.gif I love it because it's ready in 5 minutes. If I had to wait to make my own, I probably wouldn't last, because when I want pudding, I want it now! laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm worse than my kids!
davew
Check the ingredient list. I don't have any of the mixes mentioned here, found an old box of jello lemon pudding (cook type with sugar). The first ingredient was corn starch.

An alternative to pudding is custard, which is thickened with eggs rather than starch. These can be sweetened without sugar, and flavors added, as well. These generally contain a lot more fat, though. The best of these, Creme Brulee, is made with all heavy cream, and typically served with a sugar crust melted on the top with a torch. No wonder I like it so much.

Dave
krimas
I have a box right here of the Jello Chocolate Fudge instant sugar free pudding. First ingredient is "modified food starch" so it could be made from potato, corn, rice, tapioca...etc. So any way you look at it if you're trying to be really strict it might not be for you.
Carb count is 8g and sugar is 0g. Also, it is made with aspartame which I know lots of people try to avoid. I do too but when the craving for smooth, creamy and chocolate hits me it's the first thing I'll make and I use 2% milk to make it. I probably make it twice a week.

Kris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.