Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rhubarb Pie
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
Rhubarb Pie (makes a 10 inch pie)

4 c. rhubarb (cut into small cubes)
1 1/4 c. sugar (of course you want to use substitute to equal this amount. I used a little under 1 cup of fructose)
3 tbsp. cornstarch (I used arrowroot) You might be able to cut this down by 1/2 if you don't have arrowroot and the amount per serving would be drastically reduced.
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Stir together these ingredients until rhubarb is coated. Place in an unbaked pie crust and cover with crumb topping below.

Crumb topping

1 stick butter (cut into chunks)
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour - could also use whole wheat flour
2/3 c. sugar
(I used fructose again - about 1/3 cup)

Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or two knives. Then stir in the sugar substitute. Place over the rhubarb filling.

Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees. You may want to place a foil covered cookie sheet under the pie plate when you bake it, since it has a tendency to boil over. Do not grease your pie plate.
Hello friend,

I am sure I am mistaken, but is Rhubarb similar to turnips? I would LOVE a website for recipes with Rhubarb and Turnips, please since they are great, and please include the amount of sugar with this website. I need to know the best time to get these things for price and quality, how to make them last longer and the like. This would mean a great deal to me.

Please know that these are wonderful foods and I am glad it is good to eat these things since what is better than enjoying something you are allowed to eat?

Sincerely, Vernon smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.