Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is This Pumpkin Pies Ingredients Legal
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
CRYSTAL
I found this in a low carb cookbook and wanted to run this by everyone to see if it islegal. I haven't tried it yet, but does sound good.
Pumpkin pie
  • 16 oz pumpkin puree
  • 16 oz cream cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 8 packets sweet'n Low sweetener
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 2 tsp ginger
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp clovesground
Set oven to 400 degrees
l. Soften cream cheese in microwave. Beat eggs. Mix all ingredients until blended well. Taste for sweetness, add additional sweetener if desired.

2. Pour into a well greased (butter is best) 9x9 non metallic baking pand or 8 to 10 well greased ramekins.

3. Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes (ramekins) or 40 minutes for the baking dish. Serve warm or chilled. Top with whipped cream, if desired.

**note: if using baking pan, it is best to serve chilled (otherwise it does not hold it's shape very well). Cut into 9 squares after refrigerated for at least 1 hour.

Let me know if legal and if anyone tries it.
crystal
CRYSTAL
I have one more recipe that sounded good, thought I'd pass along.
Key Lime Delight
  • l large box lime jell-o (0.6 oz- sugar free)
  • 3 cups boiling water
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 2 tsp key lime juice
  • 1 packet sweet 'n low
1. Mix package of jell-o with boiling water and add 1 tsp of lime juice. Stir well (2 minutes). Refrigerate 30 minutes (this is important otherwise it will separate).

2. Mix into jell-0, 1 dup of the sour cream using an electric mixer. Pour into 6 ramekins. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

3. Mix 1 cup sour cream, 1 tsp lime juice and the sweet'n low. After the jell-0 has set, spoon sour cream mixture on top. Refrigerate or serve.

Crystal
davew
Crystal,

I'm not 100% sure about the pumpkin puree, but I think it is only the fruit. The recipe sounds A-OK (SB wise) - and good, too.

I'm not so sure about the SF key lime jello - not so much from a legal point of view, but I tend to avoid jello anything.

When I was in college, I worked at a sorority house as a waiter, got free food. They served jello about 8 times a week (of 13 meals) and I swore I'd never eat it again, or then for that matter. Probably just me.

Let us know how these turn out.

Dave
CRYSTAL
Thanks Dave
I hope maybe to try the pumpkin pie this weekend. But if I try the jello dish, I want let you know if it is good or not. HA!!! I would probably be sick of jello also if I had to eat it that much, but here lately I have been making sf jello, when I get a craving for something sweet, that is what I eat. I hope sf jello is legal.
Talk to you again soon. Thanks
crystal
Cyranon
I just use the recipe on the can of the Libby's canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix, mind you). I just make 1 substitution - splenda for the listed sugar. I have been required by family to make this pie for last Thanksgiving and Christmas. The kids like it more than the Adults! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.