Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breads
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
jokeje
I got this from http://www.breadbeckers.com/recipes/whole_wheat_tortilla.htm. They also have the recipe for Ezekiel Bread and others that FROM A GLANCE appear to be SB legal!! tongue.gif

I've not tried these yet, but may do this with the girls. I don't know what one of the ingredients is in the Sweet Tortillas.

==============================================

2 - 3 cups freshly milled wheat flour (usually 3 cups) 1 cup warm water
2 Tbs. Lecithin (optional) 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt 1/4 cup oil
Measure liquids into mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients, kneading in the flour until the dough is workable but not too stiff. Let stand 10 minutes. Shape into 8 - 10 balls and let stand 10 more minutes. Roll very thin to form a 10 inch circle or use a tortilla press. Bake on a lightly greased griddle till done (not browned). These are as much fun to make as they are to eat with our new Wrap Master. To cook a large quantity more quickly, I use the Wrap Master to press, then place on my hot griddle to finish cooking.

SWEET TORTILLAS

To the above recipe add 2 Tbs. Sucanat, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Prepare same as above. Serve these with fruit, topped with unsweetened yogurt, and drizzled with a little honey. Roll up for a delicious breakfast burrito or dessert.
CRYSTAL
Joanie,
I got your tortilla recipe, I was looking it over what is Lecithin and in the sweet
tortilla ingredient Sucanat ?????? I might try to make them. What kind of new
wrap master do you have????? I haven't seen this.

Do you also purchase your tortilla wraps at the grocery store tonight, if so what
brand are they????

I made a new recipe tonight a spaghetti casserole w/whole wheat noodles
(HODGSON MILL) . It sure is smelling good. If it is good I'll give you the recipe.
Gotta go check on it my timer just went off.

Crystal
jokeje
Crystal,
I STILL haven't been "major" shopping yet!!! Just quick runs to pick up necessities. We took the kids to NC yesterday to stay with my folks for 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to get the shopping done. (I usually got late, but then the kids can't usually come.)

I'll still get the brand name.\

By the way...I don't have a "wrap master" machine. I have just used a rolling pin in the past and cooked them by hand in a skillet.

Joanie
maccsale
Sucanat stands for SUgar CAne NATural. It is slightly less refined than evaporated cane juice, and unfortunately, it is still a sugar. It is dull and brown and tastes more like molasses than brown sugar. Hope this helps.

Anita
wondergal
QUOTE (CRYSTAL @ Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:39)
Joanie,
I got your tortilla recipe, I was looking it over what is Lecithin and in the sweet
tortilla ingredient Sucanat ?????? I might try to make them.  What kind of new
wrap master do you have?????  I haven't seen this. 

Do you also purchase your tortilla wraps at the grocery store tonight, if so what
brand are they????

I made a new recipe tonight a spaghetti casserole w/whole wheat noodles
(HODGSON MILL) . It sure is smelling good. If it is good I'll give you the recipe.
Gotta go check on it my timer just went off.

Crystal

Crystal, I used to take granulated Lecithin in a protein drink - got it from the health food store - it also comes in capsules. Spose the tortillas use the granulated?
jokeje
Ahh...maybe we can find an acceptible substitution!

One thing we found in Kroger...a Splenda brown. It does have like a MIXTURE of Splenda and sugars, so BEWARE!!!

Joanie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.