Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spinach Pancakes
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
maccsale
I modified these from a regular recipe. A great new way to have eggs!

Makes 8-10 3" pancakes

1/2 bag fresh spinach or 1/2 pkg frozen, thawed
1/4 sweet onion chopped
salt & pepper
1 Tbsp wh wht flour
3 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
3 eggs beaten well
favorite salsa or unsweetened apple sauce
reduced fat sour cream

Saute or microwave spinach with onion until wilted. Cool and squeeze out excess water. Put spinach, eggs and flour in blender and pulse until you have bright green goop! stir in feta cheese. Season with salt & pepper or wait until they are cooked.

Spray skillet or griddle well with canola oil spray, or pour a little olive oil in. When very hot, pour "batter" onto skillet as you would pancakes. When bubbles open and stay open on top around edges, flip and cook another minute.

I enjoyed mine with salsa and sour cream, but they would be good as well with apple sauce if you wanted something sweeter. These would also be good with a little cooked bacon or sausage crumbled in. You could also leave out the feta and grill two with cheddar or swiss between. Make a giant pancake and top with pizza toppings and heat under the broiler. Try it without the spinach if you can't handle the green-ness. The sky is the limit!

Anita
wondergal
QUOTE (maccsale @ Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:57)
I modified these from a regular recipe.  A great new way to have eggs!

Makes 8-10 3" pancakes

1/2 bag fresh spinach or 1/2 pkg frozen, thawed
1/4 sweet onion chopped
salt & pepper
1 Tbsp wh wht flour
3 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
3 eggs beaten well
favorite salsa or unsweetened apple sauce
reduced fat sour cream
Saute or microwave spinach with onion until wilted.  Cool and squeeze out excess water.  Put spinach, eggs and flour in blender and pulse until you have bright green goop!  stir in feta cheese.  Season with salt & pepper or wait until they are cooked. 

Spray skillet or griddle well with canola oil spray, or pour a little olive oil in.  When very hot, pour "batter" onto skillet as you would pancakes.  When bubbles open and stay open on top around edges, flip and cook another minute.

I enjoyed mine with salsa and sour cream, but they would be good as well with apple sauce if you wanted something sweeter.  These would also be good with a little cooked bacon or sausage crumbled in.  You could also leave out the feta and grill two with cheddar or swiss between.    Make a giant pancake and top with pizza toppings and heat under the broiler.  Try it without the spinach if you can't handle the green-ness.  The sky is the limit!

Anita

Anita, omigosh, you can actually lose weight on something so delish sounding? Gotta try it. Thanks rolleyes.gif
CRYSTAL
Anita, I'm like wondergal, these do sound so delicious. I would have to try it with
shredded cheddar cheese or swiss though I'm not too much of a feta cheese
eater. crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.