Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jogging Juice
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Other
molly
My Dr says this is good for arthritis, cholesterol, and a healthy heart...

64 oz apple juice
40 oz purple grape juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar

Combine juices and vinegar in a gallon container

Drink 1/2 cup each day

Keep refrigerated
CRYSTAL
QUOTE (molly @ Sep 6 2004, 06:09 PM)
My Dr says this is good for arthritis, cholesterol, and a healthy heart...

64 oz apple juice
40 oz purple grape juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar

Combine juices and vinegar in a gallon container

Drink 1/2 cup each day

Keep refrigerated

Molly, How do you purchase the apple juice and grape juice and keep it legal???
I don't know if I have ever seen unsweetened apple juice or grape juice. My mothernlaw used to drink something about like this called jogging in a jug, but it
didn't have grape juice in it, but she would drink this everyday, and she would
swear by it. She claimed it helped her to lose weight. Thanks crystal
molly
Crystal,

I just use frozen unsweetened juice. If you had a juicer I suppose you could make your own easily enough.

My Dr swears by the Jogging Juice. He encourages all of his patients to drink it for a variety of health reasons.

Plus it doesn't taste bad at all.

There are loads of studies out there about the health benefits of purple grapes. Here's one:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lowering LDL "bad"cholesterol is a well-accepted means of reducing the likelihood of heart disease.

Now, a new research study found that drinking Concord grape juice slowed the oxidation of LDL cholesterol in the body, which, according the study's author, may complement LDL reduction in the battle for a healthy heart.

In the study, the 15 healthy adults who drank Concord grape juice for two weeks showed a marked increase in the resistance of their LDL cholesterol to oxidation.

These participants were compared to similar individuals consuming vitamin E. The two groups had comparable increase in the resistance to LDL oxidation, but the participants who drank juice experienced greater decreases in plasma protein oxidation-another oxidation stress marker.

Ishwarlal Jialal, M.D., Ph.D., the lead author of the study states, "the take-away from this study is that we saw a potent antioxidant effect in both plasma and LDL cholesterol while seeing no corresponding increase in levels of vitamin E or C." "This means that we can attribute the antioxidant effect directly to absorbed flavonoids found in the Concord grape juice."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.