1/4 cup splenda
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup finely chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine flours, splenda, baking powder, salt and allspice.

Add milk, oil, and egg; stir only until ingredients are blended.

Fold in apples. Fill 12 greased muffin cups 2/3 full.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes out clean.
I just made these tonight, and they are absolutely delicious! My boys were chomping at the bit to eat one, but I told them that they are for breakfast (I couldn't wait, though laugh.gif ). They are so excited. Thank you for the delicious recipe!
smile.gif Pam
You are welcome! I love the Allspice in these -- just something a little different. And don't they smell great in the oven?

Isn't it wonderful that we can offer our children something healthy that tastes good instead of Pop-Tarts and Sweet Rolls?

Absolutely! They loved them! Isn't it amazing that something so good for you can be so tasty? Thanks again for the recipe; I look forward to trying your Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars next. smile.gif

Ok everyone....question. I can't find oat flour anywhere, but I do have whole oats in my pantry. Can I grind them up to make oat flour out of them, or will that make them become too "processed"?

I have some apples just begging to be made into these muffins. laugh.gif laugh.gif Thanks!!

You sure can. Just pop the oats in a food processer and process until fine and "floury" (I don't think that a word). I do it all the time when I can't get to the health food store t buy it already made.

I just made these with double the splenda and flax seeds...they were AWESOME!. Thanks for the great recipe!
Where can I get white ww flour? I can't find it in my supermarket. Dona
Donna... I buy it at Meijers ... the brand is King Arthur
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.