Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zucchini Lasagne
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
lfc
Zucchini Lasagne -- my daughter can't stand squash, especially zucchini, but she actually liked this. The texture of the zucchini is just like lasagne noodles. Close your eyes and you can hardly tell the difference.

2 Zucchini ( good sized, heavy for size zucchini)
2 cups pasta sauce ( your choice - homemade or legal storebought )
1 cup shredded mozarella
1 large tub (24 oz) small curd cottage cheese
1 small package frozen peas ( or chopped broccoli or any other vegie you like)
1 small can slice black olives
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained

Drain cottage cheese over a bowl so the dish won't be runny. I do this several hours before when I remember.

Place thin-sliced zucchini in hot water with a little oil for 2 to 4 minutes just until softened. Drain well.

Layer everything just like you would with pasta lasagne, beginning with the sauce, then zucchini, cottage cheese, vegies, meat, cheese, more sauce. Continue until you have used all of your ingredients. Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 1/2 hour or until bubbly.

I have an electric slicer, so it is easy. But you need to slice the zucchini as thin as lasagne noodles.

You can change this up, such as lightly cooking frozen spinach, drain through a coffee filter, then squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as you possibly can -- come on get out your aggressions! mad.gif Then layer this in the middle. I love spinach lasagne!

I'm on week 2 of our new SB lifestyle! I love pasta, but alas... no more.
Not really. I just bought a pasta machine and have ordered a grain mill. I've always wanted one to bake bread anyway. So, now I am in search of whole wheat bread, pasta, and more recipes. Please send in all you have!!!! biggrin.gif
lekililina
There's a legal pasta out there called Vita Spelt. I can't stand whole wheat pasta. I don't like the taste or the way it sticks in your teeth. But with Vita Spelt (made from whole grain spelt flour) you don't even know you're not eating traditional white pasta. I found it at a health food store, and I'm sure you can order it off the internet. They make it in all different shapes. You should try to check it out sometime. The price is very reasonable! smile.gif
mapgirl
RE: Zucchini

Friend of mine used to make a baked ziti type dish where she put zucchini in the food processer and then sauted it to use in place of the meat... Couldn't tell there was zucchini in it...
texannie
I make something similar to this

ground beef, cooked and drained (optional)
sliced zuchinni..i do them round shape, not to think
fresh mushroom
Classico spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella
then just layer like you would lasagna in that order....

Bake covered at 350 for one hour
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.