Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cream Cheese Mints
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
molly
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Splenda, powdered (just whirl it in the blender)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 to 1 teaspoon mint flavoring (or flavoring of your choice)
food coloring, if desired

Beat cream cheese until fluffy.

Stir in the powdered Splenda, water, flavoring and food color. (The dough may be divided into parts and different flavorings and food colorings added to each part.)

Knead until the dough is smooth. Roll into small marble-size balls, press each ball firmly into the cavity of a candy mold, or just leave as flattened circles.

Unmold onto waxed paper.

Makes 60 pieces

(I store these in the fridge)
3lilboysmom
Now, this is too weird! Last night, I saw a recipe in my favorite magazine for cream cheese mints and was lamenting the fact that I would not be able to have any this year. Molly, you must have been reading my mind!

Thanks! smile.gif
Pam
curious1
Just found your wonderful site and was so exicted to find all these great recipes! I tried to make these last night because they sounded SO good....unfortunately I must have done something really wrong because they didn't come out....never got a "dough" just a runny liquid mess....it did thicken up a bit after I continued to mix and mix it but never enough to roll out or shape into little marble sized balls....anyone know what I did wrong? I followed the recipe exactly....to me it looked like I needed either more cream cheese or less water?????
molly
Hi Curious! Welcome to the Board. smile.gif

Did you "powder" the Splenda or just mix in in plain? The powdered splenda does make a difference in the bulk of the recipe... Also try starting out with just a little water and add more a little at a time until you get the consistency you want. Ive made these several times w/o a problem.

Let me know if this works for you.

molly smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.