Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zucchini Fritters
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Appetizers & Side Dishes
molly
1 Med. to Large Zucchini
Salt and Pepper to to taste
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar cheese (or whatever kind you like)
1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
Chopped onion (optional)

Shred zucchini, allow to drain in colander, squeeze in towel until most of moisture is absorbed and then put into a large bowl.

Add egg and mix well.

Add other ingredients and mix well.

In a large frying pan, heat about 1/4 inch of oil (or less) until very hot.
Pour mixture by spoonfuls into pan, about the size of a pancake.
Fry on each side until golden brown, drain.
jjkna5
This was awesome!!! 5 stars...The only thing is that it says to add salt to taste...and I suggest adding salt to the mix.
jokeje
Sounds yummy! I bought lots of zucchini on sale at 0.88/lb!! I'll have to make these tonight!!
jokeje
OK...I made a batch with dinner! YUM!! This makes about 5 fritters of 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick. Not sure what a serving is, but I ate 2!! We really could have doubled the receipe for our family of 4 unless a serving size is 1. They were about 3. 5 - 4 inches across. I added salt in them liked a little more sprinkled on top - and I'm not a salt person. Very easy and they cook up very quickly. They are better if you don't over-brown them like did (but they were still wonderful!) - I wasn't expecting them to cook that quickly.

Molly,
THANKS SO MUCH!!! Having such wonderful receipes to go thru has encouraged and inspired me to cook better!!

Satisifed and pleased over dinner (MMMmmmm...I've got a pleasantly full tummy!)Joanie
molly
You are very welcome!

I had these this week too. A co-worker brought me some fresh zucchini from her garden and boy oh boy was it ever good!

The salt was intended to be part of the fritter batter ... I think somehow that was misread ... but whenever you add it these fritters are great. I even had leftovers with breakfast this morning.

molly
jokeje
LOL!! I think I could eat these all day! Fresh out of the garden is great! I've got a bunch of tomatoes from my parents' neighbors. I've been eating tomatoes last 3 weeks for lunch and supper!
easyecm
Molly,
I read it as in the batter, just an amount that was good for the maker, as opposed to a set amount.
Take care,
Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.