molly
1 1/2 cups oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups raw apples, shredded

Combine all ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes.

Press mixture into greased 8" x 8" baking dish.

Bake at 375? until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.

Cut into bars while warm.

Serve hot for breakfast.
3lilboysmom
Molly, these look so good! Do you think that I could substitute applesauce for the shredded apples and still get the same results?

Thanks!
Pam
molly
I don't think so Pam... you need the bulk of the apples... I think the applesauce would make then gooey instead of bar-like.

molly
3lilboysmom
Got it!! One more question - do you think I could substitute apple juice for the orange juice? I want to make these tonight and I'm out of orange juice! wink.gif
molly
Oh sure .. the apple juice would be fine. You just wouldn't get the orange flavor... do you have any orange extract? You could use a tsp of that plus the apple juice to give you a bit of that citrus kick.

molly
3lilboysmom
Molly, I made these Wednesday night and substituted milk, Splenda, and orange extract for the orange juice. They were really delicious - my boys loved them! We broiled them in the morning and put a dab of butter on each -DELICIOUS!!

smile.gif Pam
molly
The fun thing about cooking for me is experimenting with recipes ... changing out the ingredients and sunbstituting with whatever you have on hand. Sounds like you made some yummy changes to this one!

Glad you enjoyed them.

molly smile.gif
shel1210
Hey Molly....any chance I could get you to come live with me for about a month or so and teach me how you do the magic with recipes that you do so well??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Love ya! wink.gif
Shel
CRYSTAL
QUOTE (shel1210 @ Jan 3 2005, 10:25 PM)
Hey Molly....any chance I could get you to come live with me for about a month or so and teach me how you do the magic with recipes that you do so well??? laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Love ya! wink.gif
Shel

Hey Shel, when you learn all you can and are finished with Molly, I'm next in line

to have her come teach me her magic w/the recipes also. lol,lol, biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Crystal
shel1210
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey Molly....you could start a new career being our own personal cooking consultant. Putting any ideas in your head? cool.gif
molly
Hey I might free lance biggrin.gif But I have a feeling it won't pay the bills- LOL!

molly
shel1210
laugh.gif laugh.gif Geez....those darn bills!!! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to keep on checking the board in anticipation of yet another magic recipe from you! I don't know if I've said it before, but thank you for your efforts in sb'ing them and posting them!

Shel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.