Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Countdown Milk
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Main Dishes
water_bunny
Wouldn't carb countdown milk be better for this WOE?? Regular milk has 12g. sugar and carb countdown milk has none.???
3lilboysmom
Well, regular milk has naturally occuring sugar (lactose) which is why there's 12 grams of sugar. No sugar is added to milk. I'm not exactly sure what Carb Countdown Milk is made from, but I know some people who use it and like it. I also know that some people don't lose weight well with regular milk (it doesn't bother me), so this might not be a bad option.

smile.gif Pam
water_bunny
QUOTE (3lilboysmom @ Jan 17 2005, 10:06 AM)
Well, regular milk has naturally occuring sugar (lactose) which is why there's 12 grams of sugar.  No sugar is added to milk.  I'm not exactly sure what Carb Countdown Milk is made from, but I know some people who use it and like it.  I also know that some people don't lose weight well with regular milk (it doesn't bother me), so this might not be a bad option. 

smile.gif Pam

Thanks Pam...reason I asked is because my son (21 yrs. old) struggles with his weight and Atkins works for him so I have Carb Countdown milk here for him all the time. I looked on the label and there is only cream, buttermilk and chemicals that I can't remember right now but it looks okay to me.
sam-I-am
Hey Bunny! That sounds like it is made of all the milk "fats" and none of the actual "milk". The fat part doesn't have any lactose in it. That's why skim milk has a higher sugar count than regular milk (there's no fat diluting it). Those chemicals on the label are probably added vitamins to make up for what is not there. I would just stick with skim milk myself (lactose is perfectly legal).

But that's your call! If you can use that milk and still see weight loss, go for it! biggrin.gif Heck, I'd personally use straight cream for everything if I didn't know that would have me up to 400 pounds in about a week. ph34r.gif I love dairy fat!

smile.gif Sam
water_bunny
QUOTE (sam-I-am @ Jan 18 2005, 07:36 AM)
Hey Bunny!  That sounds like it is made of all the milk "fats" and none of the actual "milk".  The fat part doesn't have any lactose in it.  That's why skim milk has a higher sugar count than regular milk (there's no fat diluting it).  Those chemicals on the label are probably added vitamins to make up for what is not there.  I would just stick with skim milk myself (lactose is perfectly legal).

But that's your call!  If you can use that milk and still see weight loss, go for it! biggrin.gif Heck, I'd personally use straight cream for everything if I didn't know that would have me up to 400 pounds in about a week. ph34r.gif I love dairy fat!

smile.gif Sam

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif We'd make a perfect couple!!

That's why I asked about the carb countdown milk..it's like drinking whole milk...I can't stand that "blue" stuff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.