Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot...hot Chicken Dip!
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Appetizers & Side Dishes
water_bunny
I have this recipe that is "OUT OF THIS WORLD" good!!!! And easy too!
Only thing I need help with is that you're supposed to serve it with tortilla chips dry.gif Can someone come up with a SB legal substitution?? Here's the recipe...you gotta try this one!!

1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, shredded
1-12 oz. bottle Franks Hot Sauce
1 c. Ranch dressing
2-8oz. boxes cream cheese
8 oz. cheddar cheese
1/2 cup celery, chopped

Cook chicken in boiling water. When fully cooked and still warm, shred the chicken by pulling apart gently with 2 forks. In dutch oven (or very large skillet), melt 1 TBSP butter; add celery and saute on low until celery becomes tender. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer until melted down. Pour into casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
sam-I-am
Yummers! That sounds almost like a meal. laugh.gif

As far as chips go - Triscuits really do make a great corn chip substitute! Even my kids love them (we've not had corn or potato chips in the house since last April). Also, for a more "authentic" mexican thing, I sometimes use ww tortillas. Brush or spritz the top with a little olive oil and sprinkle with some salt (I make some salt-less for myself). Cut the tortilla in half then into strips so you have something a decent size for dipping. For a good sized batch use a whole bag of tortillas (or 2!). Bake on a cookie sheet at about 400 degrees until they are lightly browned and crispy.

I do a variation of this for the kids sometimes using butter, cinnamon, and granular fructose for a treat.

smile.gif Sam
water_bunny
QUOTE (sam-I-am @ Jan 18 2005, 07:23 AM)
Yummers!  That sounds almost like a meal. laugh.gif

As far as chips go - Triscuits really do make a great corn chip substitute!  Even my kids love them (we've not had corn or potato chips in the house since last April).  Also, for a more "authentic" mexican thing, I sometimes use ww tortillas.  Brush or spritz the top with a little olive oil and sprinkle with some salt (I make some salt-less for myself).  Cut the tortilla in half then into strips so you have something a decent size for dipping.  For a good sized batch use a whole bag of tortillas (or 2!).  Bake on a cookie sheet at about 400 degrees until they are lightly browned and crispy.

I do a variation of this for the kids sometimes using butter, cinnamon, and granular fructose for a treat.

smile.gif Sam

Oh Sam....You are a GENIUS!! biggrin.gif
sam-I-am
QUOTE (water_bunny @ Jan 18 2005, 10:05 AM)
Oh Sam....You are a GENIUS!!  biggrin.gif

Ha ha! laugh.gif Well, the jury is still out on that one. cool.gif I'm glad I could help though!

smile.gif Sam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.