Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Bowl Finger Foods
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Appetizers & Side Dishes
sam-I-am
Do not buy bags of chips and mini pizzas for snaking on during the "big game"! I get the Food Network newsletter, and this week they have some easy recipes for finger foods that are perfect for game day. Here are links (with tips for making them legal):

Artichoke Bites (totally legal!)
Green Chili Quesadillas (use ww tortillas instead of white)
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms (be sure to use ww bread and sugar free sausage)

And here's a yummy dip you can use for sweet potato chips or skins, Triscuits, celery sticks, etc:

Onion and Spinach Dip
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped (1 3/4 cups)
1/2 pound shallots, chopped
1/2 pound baby spinach, coarsely chopped
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute onion and shallots, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes more. Add spinach and cook, stirring, just until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Transfer spinach mixture to a bowl, then stir in cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper until combined well. Chill, covered, at least 1 hour.

Have a legal and fun Super Bowl party! Going to someone else's house? Offer to bring the food! cool.gif
smile.gif Sam
3lilboysmom
That dip looks yummy, Sam! tongue.gif I might not be able to wait until Sunday...

smile.gif Pam
davew
I'm posting in recipes a good SB SB snack (Super Bowl Sugar Buster, of course). It is called Jalapeno pie, and is slices of hot peppers covered with grated cheddar cheese and some eggs, then baked to melt the cheese into the eggs and then set up. You actually use scissors (kitchen shears) to cut up.

Yum.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.