Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swiss Oatmeal
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Main Dishes
molly
This is a sort of museili type dish... its nice to wake up in the morning and know that breakfast is ready to go! biggrin.gif

1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup plain yogurt
1 c. frozen blueberries (blackberries or raspberries are good too)
1 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
2 T. sliced almonds
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla
2 packets Splenda.

Combine all ingredients. Place in the fridge overnight.

Makes 2 HUGE servings. Really delicious and healthy!
easyecm
This sounds really good!
groovia
This is quite fabulous. I make it all the time, but I make a HUGE batch. I also put milk & strawberries or peaches, or whatever fruit I can find.

My german mother-in-law first introduced this to me when she made it one summer evening for dinner.
RaeLiz
QUOTE (groovia @ Feb 23 2006, 09:02 PM)
This is quite fabulous. I make it all the time, but I make a HUGE batch.  I also put milk & strawberries or peaches, or whatever fruit I can find.

My german mother-in-law first introduced this to me when she made it one summer evening for dinner.

Just made this and tasted it , it is wonderful! How often can I eat this ? I am afraid that it would be something that I won't be able to stop with just one serving.
acmatters
This is great! I add a bit (maybe a tsp) of Joseph's SF pancake syrup just before serving. Gives it a nice flavor.
CRYSTAL
this sounds really good. Just one question. you mix up and put in ref overnight.
then the next morning you just eat it or do you have to cook it?????
Thanks crystal
acmatters
QUOTE (CRYSTAL @ Apr 8 2006, 01:59 PM)
this sounds really good. Just one question.  you mix up and put in ref overnight.
then the next morning you just eat it or do you have to cook it?????
Thanks crystal

You just eat it the next morning. So it's a cold oatmeal mix. I do put it in the microwave at 30% power for about a minute to take the edge off as I don't like to eat things really cold. Or you could just set it out for a while too. You can even add a little milk to it before eating if you want it less thick. Enjoy!
CRYSTAL
Thanks, I can't wait to try it.

Crystal
Bill
Hi, I just wanted to say that this is very good for breakfast or anytime when I make it I add a 1/2 sliced banana just before serving, this morning I had it with blueberries, blackberries, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 nectarine it tasted great.
easyecm
Bill,
Welcome here.
Somes good, but I would be careful with the banana, as they have a HG value.
Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.