Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pizazzy Peach Smoothie
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Other
molly
Peaches are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium. And they are yummy with flaxseeds.

Flaxseeds are also a good source of omega-3 fats and fiber. There is some research that flaxseeds can prevent hot flashes, osteporosis, breast cancer, and heart disease. I use a coffee grinder to grind up the flaxseeds. Just do a little at a time and store the leftover in the fridge so the ground flaxseeds don't go rancid.

1 cup frozen peach slices
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup cold water
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
1 Tsp Sweetener of choice (I use Agave or Splenda)

Add flaxseeds, yogurt & water to the blender
Top with peach slices.
Add 1 scoop of whey protein powder.

Blend until smooth.
blessed_leslie
Yummy! Thank you Molly for posting all these yummy recipies! biggrin.gif
dianeb1944
QUOTE (molly @ Jun 7 2005, 05:17 PM)
Peaches are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium. And they are yummy with flaxseeds.

Flaxseeds are also a good source of omega-3 fats and fiber. There is some research that flaxseeds can prevent hot flashes, osteporosis, breast cancer, and heart disease. I use a coffee grinder to grind up the flaxseeds. Just do a little at a time and store the leftover in the fridge so the ground flaxseeds don't go rancid.

1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup cold water

Top with peach slices.

Blend until smooth.
dianeb1944
Hi Molly,
thanks for your recipe. Sounds great. Do you add nf plain yogurt? Diane

QUOTE (molly @ Jun 7 2005, 05:17 PM)

1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup cold water

Top with peach slices.

Blend until smooth.
molly
Diane,
I don't use non-fat or even low fat products. They usually have additives that I find more worrisome than the fat. But it's up to you. I know lots of people use them.

molly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.