Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breakfast Sandwich
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Main Dishes
Boz
Hello everyone,

Struggling Dad here...I must confess to doing the breakfast drive thru at McDonalds, but no more!

Here's my alternative to McDonald's Egg McMuffin

Toasted Whole Wheat English Muffin
Canadian Bacon 1 slice
Sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese over the muffin
1 egg beaten with a 1/4 tsp of water...cooked and folded like an omelete

Some assembly required

No sugar and less than 250 calories.
molly
Boz... I make a "Molly McMuffin" 2 or three times a week ... I love the things... and how cool to have something so yummy that is still on plan!

molly smile.gif
easyecm
Molly,
Is the "Molly McMuffin" the same as above?
molly
Pretty much ... sometimes I change the meat to ham or bacon or sausage or I might use a different knid of cheese.... often I add a slice of tomato (I try to get extra veggies in anywhere I can).

molly biggrin.gif
felch_10
QUOTE (Boz @ Jun 27 2005, 06:03 PM)
Hello everyone,

Struggling Dad here...I must confess to doing the breakfast drive thru at McDonalds, but no more!

Here's my alternative to McDonald's Egg McMuffin

Toasted Whole Wheat English Muffin
Canadian Bacon 1 slice
Sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese over the muffin
1 egg beaten with a 1/4 tsp of water...cooked and folded like an omelete

Some assembly required

No sugar and less than 250 calories.

Where do you get your whole wheat english muffins at? I use to love bagels but haven't been able to find any without sugar in them. This would be a great substitute for that though. Thanks!

Stacy
easyecm
Stacy,
Walmart used to sell them, and health food stores may as well.
Do remember, if the sugar is very low in the ingredient list, it may be eaten up by the yeast in the rising process. What I mean is that it may be a small amount used to activate the yeast and then consumed by the yeast.
That is not to say, not to really look at the ingredient list very carefully. But, if it is far down the list and listed as less than 3 grams, it would be ok, but portion size would then of course be important.
Take care,
Ed
unsweetened
Oh yummy this sounds good im going to look for these muffins today..these low-carb atkins breakfast bars arent that great.. well atleast the apple crisp one ..i am finding there are lots of no-sugar added prducts out there if you just look you will find them.. thanx great tip Rose
felch_10
QUOTE (easyecm @ May 8 2006, 08:45 PM)
Stacy,
Walmart used to sell them, and health food stores may as  well.
Do remember, if the sugar is very low in the ingredient list, it may be eaten up by the yeast in the rising process. What I mean is that it may be a small amount used to activate the yeast and then consumed by the yeast.
That is not to say, not to really look at the ingredient list very carefully. But, if it is far down the list and listed as less than 3 grams, it would be ok, but portion size would then of course be important.
Take care,
Ed

Thanks Ed!! You're always so helpful with all our questions...and speedy too wink.gif

Stacy
easyecm
Stacy,
Your welcome.
I think I have no life, that is why I answer fast!
Lol!
Ed
travelingtasha
It's amazing how much sugar free stuff there really is out there. I have found sugar free peanut butter, jelly and bread. Yay for pb&j sandwiches! smile.gif I've also found the sweet potato chips from Tarra, whole wheat bagels, sugar free chocolate pudding, and a whole line of Central Market Organics crackers and various sb legal items.

That being said, I sometimes have problems controlling how much I eat of this stuff. If you notice, all the stuff I just listed are still pretty high in carb content, even though they are legal.
unsweetened
Tricky isint it? how something so good could be so bad if you eat too much of it. I love suger-free pudding that's my chocalate fix and a treat when ive been doing a good job on my excercise I feel like its just nice to have so many choices and it truely is a mind thing, you just have to get yourself to stop eating i think thats what brought us all to sb to began with but that's just me smile.gif take care. Rose
boxr
This thread was helpful, but now I have a new question. Are the " low-carb atkins breakfast bars" mentioned above acceptable to eat on the sb woe?
CoachCarole
A tip for making your eggs even quicker:

Crack one egg into a one cup or larger glass measuring cup (optional - add cheese and chopped veggies at this point). Scramble with a fork and cook on high for 45-60 seconds. It will form into a perfect shape for a breakfast muffin sandwich!

-Carole
Helping People Change Their Lives - FOR GOOD!
www.MakeItSoCoaching.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.