1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
3-4 pound rump roast, cut in half
1 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup water

Place onion in 4 quart slow cooker.

Combine salt and pepper and garlic powder and rub on all sides of roast.

Brown roast in hot oil in large skillet until brown on all sides. Place roast on top of onion in Crockpot.

Add Worchestershire sauce to skillet, deglazing bottom. Pour over meat.

Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour, turn to LOW and cook 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Remove and cover with foil.

Combine flour and water and whisk til smooth. Stir into drippings in Crockpot and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or til gravy thickens.

Slice pot roast and serve drizzled with gravy.
easyecm
Molly,
Thanks again!
This looks great, but I do not have a crockpot here in the Philippines. I will have to try it without one.
I have been gone for awhile, in the states, but back at home in the Philippines now.
Easyecm
davew
An easy replacement for a crockpot is a dutch oven. You can cook this on low on the stove, or put it in an oven. Bring to a boil on the stovetop, cook at 300. For either method, you need to watch the water level. If it starts to get too low, add a little water.

For very large recipes, it may be very difficult to bring to a boil on the stove. It will start to burn on the bottom rather than heat the whole pot. In this case, just put in 350 oven and let it heat. After the whole thing comes to a boil, (typically 1 - 2 hours) you can reduce the heat a little to 300.

Dave
easyecm
Dave,
Thanks.
It also helps to have good quality cookware.
Easyecm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.