Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enriched Whole Wheat Flour?
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
luscious
I just bought some whole wheat tortilla and the first ingredient is listed as "enriched whole wheat flour". The brand name is Canteca foods gordita whole wheat tortillas. Are these "legal" on the sugar busters diet? Sincere thanks from a newbie biggrin.gif
*LaLa*
we are not supposed to have anything enriched. I bought Mission WW tortillas. They have 3 grams of sugar in each one and the third ingredient on the list is brown sugar but I dont eat these tortillas very often, maybe once every 2 weeks. THey are the only ones i could find tho.
unsweetened
LaFavorita makes a whole wheat tortilla with only 6 net gr of carbs there is no brown sugar and there made of whole wheat theres also 0grams of sugar just thought this would help ..i buy them at kingsoopers aka citymarket take care Rose
*LaLa*
thanks rose! I am gonna look for those next time I go shopping. My all time favorite meal is cut up chicken breast wrapped with lettuce cheese a little sour cream and in a ww tortilla. Even dh likes those!
luscious
Thanks! I will check out those alternative tortillas, and I'll try your recipe too! Sounds wonderful
unsweetened
Im happy i can have burritos with these tortilla there delicious and i dont feel like im missing out on anything at all smile.gif I'm gonna try your idea too Lala sounds great..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.