Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baked Brown Rice- Perfect Every Time!
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Appetizers & Side Dishes
2sweet4me
Found this on the food network, "Good Eats" Alton Brown. Its so Easy!

1 1/2 Cups Brown Rice

2 1/2 Cups water or broth. (I prefer chicken broth.. yum)

1 TB Salt

pinch salt

Preheat oven to 375. Place rice in a glass baking dish (8 inch).
Bring water/broth, butter and salt to just a boil in a seperate pan. Pour over rice and stir well.
Cover with heavy foil. Bake for 1 hour. Be careful taking off foil! Fluff with a fork.

I always keep some of this on hand, along with SB friendly torillas for a quick wrap... with any leftover meats or veggies in my fridge.
molly
Great Idea!

molly
Eeyore
My little trick to brown rice is to chop up a small onion and toss it in while it cooks. Gives the rice a different flavor. If you like onions.
mathgirl
I'm definitely going to try this since I'm always short on counter space.
If I do have counter space, I take out the rice cooker and that makes a lot of perfect rice! In Japan, the rice cooker is as indispensible as the drip coffee pot is here. All you do is add the rice, the water, whatever else you want, close it, turn it on and it does all the figuring and timing for you. It cooks rice perfectly and then keeps it warm. It's absolutely fantastic and now that I'm trying SugarBusters, I think I'll be using it a lot to cook brown rice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.