Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odds N' Ends Soup
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Soups & Salads
molly
Odds 'N Ends Soup

1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 T. olive oil
1 can peeled whole tomatoes, chopped coarsely (35 oz)
6 cups assorted chopped vegetables, such as carrots, celery, green or wax beans, etc.
1 can red or white kidney beans, cannellini beans or black beans, drained (16 to 19 oz)
2 T. plus 1 t. chopped parsley, divided
3/4 t. dried rosemary
1/8 t. pepper
1 cup cooked whole wheat bow tie or other pasta

In large pot. saute onion and garlic in oil 1 minutes.

Add tomatoes, vegetables, beans, 2 T. parsley, rosemary, pepper and 4 cups water.

Bring to a boil. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.

Add pasta during last 5 minutes to heat.

rolleyes.gif To serve, ladle into bowl. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serves 6
Frannie
[quote name='molly' date='Sep 10 2007, 05:49 PM' post='17830']
Odds 'N Ends Soup

Thanks for all the recipes Molly, They look delicious. I have a question concerning kidney beans. All I've seen in the store say they have sugar added. Is it enough to drain and rinse these to be rid of the added sugar? I already rinse because my hubby can;t have sodium.
molly
hI fRANNIE ...I checked the beans in my cupboard last night and didn't find any with added sugars. They are just the generic brand I get at our local grocery. I would guess that rinsing would help and what would be left is minimal. Anyone else want to offer an opinion on that?

I rinse them anyway too to remove the "tinny" taste.

You can also cook up a batch of beans and then freeze in portion size packages. It's easy to toss them in the crockpot with some water and let them cook all day.

molly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.