Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leslie's Legal Fudgy Brownies
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
lekililina
Okay, you've been asking all week, so here it is. I woke up this morning and went straight to the kitchen to make these just for you, I just wish I could share them with all of you. They're AWESOME!! If you have any questions about my recipe, just post them here, I'll track this thru email. I'll also list where I found the more obscure ingredients, which were all available at my podunk WalMart. They were a little expensive, but man, they are SO worth it!!

LESLIE'S LEGAL FUDGY BROWNIES

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 cup DiabetiSweet sweetener (found it in the diabetic supplies/diet drinks/vitamin aisle)

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled

1/2 cup WHOLE WHEAT flour

1 cup chopped Hershey's Sugar Free dark chocolate (in the candy aisle, it's a bag of individual bars)

1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream DiabetiSweet, butter, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer. Stir in baking chocolate. Mix in flour. Stir in chocolate pieces and walnuts. Spread in a greased 8-in X 8-in pan. Bake at 325 for approx. 30 minutes.

*Leslie's notes: Please check the brownies frequently. I actually had to bake mine more like 45 minutes, but baking times are so specific to your elevation and particular oven. This batter looks more like a cookie batter, which I attribute to using margarine instead of oil. Just spread it in the pan and have faith! biggrin.gif
brennannp
Thanks, I have been having a chocolate craving, I'm going to try them tomorrow.

Brennan
shel1210
Oh yes, yes, yes!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It's TOM and I NEED chocolate....I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. wink.gif

Thank you so much Leslie....you rock!!!!
momof3
laugh.gif HAL-LE-LU-JAH!!!!!!!! Finally!!! Brownies!!!!!! Oh I can't believe it!!!!!! Thank you SSSSSSOOOOOOOO much!!!!!! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!!!! I agree with Shel----YOU ROCK!!!!!! biggrin.gif

And oh yeah, I found the DiabetiSweet at my walmart, too!!! was 2 dollars cheaper than buying it online and didn't have to pay shipping!!!

Thanks for that info too!!!!
lekililina
PLEASE read this before you eat your brownies... I've NEVER had an adverse reaction to sugar alcohols before, but after eating a few too many brownies yesterday, I spent the evening in the bathroom. I'm not saying don't eat them, I'm just saying learn from my mistake, only eat one at a time wink.gif

Let me know what you think of my recipe guys smile.gif
drtee1953
I did that on sugar free ice cream yesterday. My stomach was killing me!
momof3
Had to modify the recipe just a bit, didn't have the walnuts or the sugar free dark chocolate, so I chopped up a "legal" chocolate bar and used it and didn't put in any nuts, was still an AWESOME brownie. Thanks so much for this recipe!! It will be a great treat for when the chocolate cravings start every month!! Again, YOU ROCK!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Sorry you had the reaction though. sad.gif
shel1210
GRRRRRRR....I'm so upset...apparently I live beyond podunk because my Wal-Mart didn't have the sugar free chocolate and I didn't have any legal stuff on hand, so I didn't get to try the brownies today.

Della....I'm so jealous of you right now. wink.gif Any way you can send me some through cyberspace...I'm dying here! LOL

If anyone would be willing to make suggestions on how I could adjust the unsweetened chocolate and sweetener amounts to sub for the sf chocolate, I'd sure appreciate it.

I'd be willing to be the gineua (wow have no idea if I spelled that right!) pig and won't take it out on you if it flops! Thanks!!!!
lekililina
It serves me right for pigging out smile.gif I've had 2 HALF brownies today and haven't had any tummy problems, and they're SO GOOD!! Mom, glad your brownies turned out. This experiment was SO worth it!! Have a good week, all!
LuvmyLab
These sound dangerous and wonderful. I could use a great dessert for Easter. I may make these in addition to an illegal dessert. cool.gif
shel1210
"Heaven, I'm in Heaven...." Oh, sorry, was I singing out loud again? biggrin.gif

Well, first of all, I realized my stupid question from the post above about subbing for the sf choc. DUH! Perhaps I should read the entire recipe before I go question happy!

Second of all, I just could not live without these brownies for one more day, so I made them today. I didn't have sf or legal choc. so I substituted some good old choc. chips (please, don't ban me from SB...I was DESPERATE!!!! biggrin.gif) and now the only problem I think I'll have is staying out of the darn things!!!

Leslie....even though I'll get chocolate all over it, my hat's off to you!!! Thank you so much for the recipe....and I ordered my legal chocolate so it's on the way and I'll wait until I get it to make them again.....maybe. wink.gif
angelwhsprs
Leslie - Thanks so much for this recipe!!! My daughter and I are doing SB together, and she especially loves chocolate. I made these and they turned out great. How many servings do you get from the batch? By the way - in very small print on the back of the SF chocolate bag - it says eating a lot could cause a "laxative effect." We were already forwarned by you - so we only ate one. My family who are not on SB loved them too.

So thanks a bunch for sharing with us.
lekililina
It's been my pleasure! I'm so glad that you all liked the brownies. Cooking has been my life (along with tasting, which is why I'm here!) and it's nice to come up with something that was actually REALLY tasty.

I have another recipe I want to post, but it's going to be next week before I get a chance, so look for it then. It's for a totally tasty granola bar. I found a basic recipe on the internet and tweaked it to work for what I need, but I have to admit, I cheated a bit... I use dried fruit in the recipe, but as long as you don't over do it, I don't see where there should be a problem due to the high high fiber content of these bars.

As for servings on the brownies, I always cut a square pan into 16 servings, but that's just personal preference.

Later all!!

biggrin.gif
shel1210
QUOTE (lekililina @ Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:48)
I have another recipe I want to post, but it's going to be next week before I get a chance, so look for it then.  It's for a totally tasty granola bar.  I found a basic recipe on the internet and tweaked it to work for what I need, but I have to admit, I cheated a bit...  I use dried fruit in the recipe, but as long as you don't over do it, I don't see where there should be a problem due to the high high fiber content of these bars.

biggrin.gif

Yeah....another one to look forward to!

If you don't be careful, you may become my hero! laugh.gif laugh.gif
lekililina
Aww, don't set yerself up for failure like that!! wink.gif
kwfromca
They are soooooooo gooooood!!
PammyJean
I baked these brownies last wk-end and all in my family that are SB-ing loved them! Mmmm mmmm good! They seemed a bit "greasy" and yes....too much of a good thing can have an adverse reaction. hehehe
star4him
lekililina,

It's really hard to believe these brownies are legal!!!! They are awesome!!!!! biggrin.gif
I have been on SB for about 3 weeks now and haven't allowed myself to cheat, not once, and I have lost 12 pounds! I am really excited about this WOE. The best diet I've ever been on!
These brownies will be my life saver. In order for me not to overeat them, I'm gonna keep out a couple and individually wrap the rest and freeze them to protect myself! LOL laugh.gif
Good luck everyone!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Cindy
airam
Can Splenda be substituted for the "DiabetiSweet" sweetener? If so, does it convert equally? I use Splenda for everything and like the "aftertaste" - plus I don't want to have to buy "DiabetiSweet" since I've never tasted it before.

Since Hershey's has other "Sugar Free" chocolate products, I may try to make these with the Reese's peanut butter candies!

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.