Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ww Pastry Flour
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
happymommy
I'm starting back on SB and had a couple of questions. Is agave the same as blue agave? where can you buy ww pastry flour and ww bread crumbs.... or does anyone have a recipe on how to make the bread crumbs. I know that sounds silly and probably easy to make but Im new to all this cooking thing, too. I'm trying to cook SB and find recipes. BTW- GREAT recipes on the forum. My hubby and I LOVE them. We are excited to try all our new recipes. Thanks for any help I can get. On one more thing - does anyone have a good hamburger bun that is legal?
molly
I use Aunt Millies 100% whole wheat hamburger buns. I think Sara Lee has one as well.

Whole Wheat Pastry flour can be purchased at most big supermarkest these days. If you can't find it try a health food store.

I think blue agave is OK ... it should be a thick syrup about the consistency of honey.

You know that last peice of bread in the package that no one wants to eat? smile.gif I set that out for a few days to dry and then whirl it in the food processor to use as bread crumbs. I keep them in teh freezer and use as needed. I also save teh crumbs at teh bottom of the Triscuit box. They are great to sprinkle on top of casseroles for a little extra crunch.

oh and WELCOME to the Board! smile.gif
molly
happymommy
QUOTE (molly @ Apr 22 2008, 03:34 AM) *
I use Aunt Millies 100% whole wheat hamburger buns. I think Sara Lee has one as well.

Whole Wheat Pastry flour can be purchased at most big supermarkest these days. If you can't find it try a health food store.

I think blue agave is OK ... it should be a thick syrup about the consistency of honey.

You know that last peice of bread in the package that no one wants to eat? smile.gif I set that out for a few days to dry and then whirl it in the food processor to use as bread crumbs. I keep them in teh freezer and use as needed. I also save teh crumbs at teh bottom of the Triscuit box. They are great to sprinkle on top of casseroles for a little extra crunch.

oh and WELCOME to the Board! smile.gif
molly

thanks SO much molly for the help! ive seen so many of your recipes on this forum and im really excited to try them. theyve gotten great reviews. i do have a quesiton on whole wheat flour. is that the same as all purpose flour? ive seen some other recipes with all purpose flour and i was wondering if i could use the ww flour? also- since im not a cook - is there a difference between ww flour and ww pastry flour? i also noticed that you said that you use white ww flour. when do you use that instead of ww flour? does it give a different taste? ahhh.... too many diff types of flour for a learning cook! also - i went to the health food store today and saw all these different types of agave. amber agave, raw agave, lighter agave, blue agave.... do you use it and what is a good one? im thinking the taste is stronger in the diff types of agave. im sorry that i have so many questions... just trying to get this whole sb cooking thing down. smile.gif

thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.