Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Bean Soup
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
Jennifer H
This is the easiest recipe ever! It's also the first table food that both of my kids ate... they were around a year old! They still love it! Works great for us on no meat days during Lent!

Check the labels of the salsa and the tomatoes for added sugars before you purchase... I've found some brands have them and some don't. Also, I can't find 20 oz salsa here... I usually get 24 oz salsa.

BLACK BEAN SOUP
5 cans black beans (about 14 oz each)
1 can Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes (about 15 oz)
1 jar salsa (20 oz)

Drain 3 cans of the beans.
Put other two cans with liquid into a food processor or blender until smooth.
Combine beans, salsa and tomatoes.
Stir.
Heat through.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top or some grated cheese if desired. Accompany with WW tortillas or triscuits and a green salad.
princessaimee
Jennifer-

I made this soup last night, and it was FABULOUS! tongue.gif I put in a medium salsa, and it was spicy! Mmmmmm! We did this and had grilled cheeses with tomato slices on them. So delicious! Thanks so much for the receipe!

So easy too! I was amazed!
Jennifer H
Glad you liked it! biggrin.gif
JudyG
sounds yummy! I will make this soup this weekend!!!

Judy
jaki
Jenn-
Just had to tell you that I tried this recipe and it is soooooooo good! I put 1 cup portions in tuperware and froze it and had a ready to eat meal when I wasn't in the mood to cook. Thanks for the recipe it is wonderful!

Jaki biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.