Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crustless Spinach Quiche
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
lekililina
Here it is, all my friends ask for the recipe:

CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE

5 eggs
1 9-10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3 cups shredded cheese of your choice (I use co-jack)
sliced mushrooms - optional
salt & pepper to taste

Scramble eggs in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingerdients and mix thoroughly. (If preparing the night before, cover and refrigerate at this point.) Pour into lightly greased pie plate, bake at 350 approx. 30-35 minutes or until completely set. If you're not sure, make a small cut into the middle with a sharp knife, pull one side back, and just look at it. Makes about 6 servings (depending on how hungry you are).

This is SO easy, and it falls completely within SB guidelines. You can also sautee some chopped purple onion in olive oil until it's translucent, let it cool a bit, and mix it in with the spinach, cheese, etc.
lfc
MMMMMM! Sounds so good. I can't eat too much egg. It doesn't sit well, but I love the sound of it and I may just have to try it anyway. I know my family would EAT IT UP!

Thanks, Lekililina!

Linda
lekililina
My pleasure smile.gif I love to cook, but cooking the SB way is a challenge for me, so when I hit on a winner, I love to share it!
SarahB
I tried this 2 weeks ago...it was yummy!! Thanks lekililina!! biggrin.gif
drtee1953
I'd recommend using monterrey jack and adding a little crabmeat.
lekililina
that sounds yummy too!
SarahB
mmmmm...that sounds great too drtee. I'll have to try that next time! wink.gif
thinnanna
WOW! What a great idea. A breakfast for several days... I'm going to do just the spinach, while I'm losing, but will certainly add the cheese, maybe gryere, and the sauteed onions later. Thanks, again. rolleyes.gif I'm always wondering what to eat in the a.m... holding down on the oatmeal as much as I can for now, it's my really, really favorite...
amiloux
There's a recipe in South Beach diet very similar, but done in individual muffin cups and frozen for use later. You can pull them out of the freezer and take a couple to work. They defrost in about 10 - 20 seconds in the microwave. When I made them, I did not have the bell peppers the recipe called for, and used jalepenoes instead, and they are great! Oherwise, the recipe sounds the same - onion, eggs or EggBeaters, cheese, peppers, salt & pepper.
lekililina
That's a great idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.