Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caeser Salad Dressing
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
2 large cloves garlic
1 can flat anchovies in olive oil, use the oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 large dashes Worchershire sauce
3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 egg (raw - I don't worry about it, myself)
1/2 cup olive oil - not extra virgin

mix in order in a mini-chop or blender

This may seem like a lot of anchcovies, but they are what really make this dressing. When really ground up in the blender, you won't see them.

This is enough for several salads, keep in refigerator.

A classic Ceasar salad is made with only Romaine lettuce, parmesean cheese, croutons (hard to stay legal), and fresh ground black pepper, to taste. No salt is needed because of the anchovies

According to Alton Brown (Good Eats on Food Network), the acid in salad dressing (lemon juice) will kill any Salmonella that may exist in the raw egg. So, you don't really need to worry about it.
Sounds good, have you ever tried adding some grated parmesan (not the Kraft kind, but the stuff you buy in a block) to it?
I love watching Alton Brown.... He has such an interesting and humorous take on food and cooking.
I get Parmesan, Romano, and sometimes Asiago cheeses in block form and grind them together in a Cuisinart. For the Caeser Salad, we add the cheese to the salad, but not to the dressing.

PS: I love Alton Brown, as well. I'm a real techie, and he appeals to that in me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.