Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mock Tater Tots
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
lfc
Mock Tater Tots ...or Cauliflower Fritters

Cook a bag of frozen cauliflower flowerets until soft.
Mash very well. I threw them into my Kitchen aid and whipped on high.
Add 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, salt, pepper, finely diced onions, garlic.
Mix well and drop by tablespoonsful into hot oil. Fry until brown.

Drain well on paper towels.

You could substitute other vegies, but the one I heard of used cauliflower because of the color
and they could pass for tater tots.

I don't like cooked cauliflower and I really like them.

Linda
lekililina
This sounds awesome! I'll have to try them on my little girl smile.gif
MrsFrog
That sounds very good. I think I will try them. I have made mock potato salad with cauliflower and that is one of my favorites...so this has to be good. Thank you for sharing.
lekililina
Okay, I made them, and they would've been AWESOME had I 1.) had the oil hot enough for the first batch, and 2.) went a little lighter on the seasoned salt.

But that was MY goof up, and I'm definitely going to try them again.

Thanks so much!
trewis1
Ohhh, the mock potato salad with cauliflower sounds like a really good idea! I'll have to try that, thanks.

We didn't feel like worrying about dinner last night & ordered a pizza to be delivered. We always get pesto sauce instead of tomato on our pizza. I asked them for an extra serving of pesto on the side & just spread the pesto on top of a pita & transferred the pizza toppings ontop of that. It was delicious. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.