Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GREAT wheat homemade chips for dips!
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
I have been on SB for 10 days and have lost a remarkable 8 pounds thus far!

I love to snack. In fact, I have snacks for dinner sometimes instead of a heavy dinner.

When seeing as how we can have chili con queso and salsa, but no corn chips, it got me to thinking. How can I invent a whole wheat chip without frying? (believe it or not, the thought of greasy food really turns me off now)

So when I went to my local health food grocery store, I found whole wheat tortillas in the dairy. When I got home, i pre-heated my oven to 400 degrees, cut the tortilla into triangles, salted lightly, and put on an ungreased cookie sheet. I cooked on each side for 4 minutes, turning once. I ate one piping hot out of the oven.

It was delicious!

I had my salad and entree for dinner which was chili con queso and homemade salsa and my chips! smile.gif

Thank you for this! I actually had this exact same idea and was getting ready to try and make them at home. I make a lot of salsa and have even posted on this board about trying to find a substitute for tortilla chips. I already have some WW tortillas at home, so I will try this tonight! How do you store the chips once they're done? How long do they last?
Yvette, I freeze the chips in ziplock bags and then heat at 350 degrees for a few minutes before serving. They hold up very well! smile.gif
My husband and I lightly baste ours with egg white before baking them. We think it makes them a tad more crispy. We also use a pizza cutter to cut them which seems to cut down on prep time. smile.gif (The sooner I can eat the happier I am!) smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.