Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes > Breads & Desserts
lfc
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whole Wheat Toll House

2 cups pastry or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
? tsp salt
1 cup butter
? cup granulated sugar (sub?d granulated fructose)
? cup packed brown sugar (sub?d ? cup sugar free syrup ? try ? cup agave)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet choc chips (sub?d carob chips ? or nuts only)
1 cup oats
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat 375
Combine the dry stuff.
Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy, beat in eggs.
Gradually beat in flour mix.
Add oatmeal.
Add choc chips or carob chips or nuts. Stir in.

Drop by tablespoonful (I flattened them a little because they don?t spread much) on to ungreased cookie sheet or better on a stone.

Bake 10-2 minutes. Cool 2 minutes and EAT
shel1210
You are about to become a superhero in my house! laugh.gif
lfc
No, ma'am, I'm not a super hero, just a normal, hormonal mom in need of chocolate chip cookies with kids who love chocolate chip cookies and a husband who loves chocolate chip cookies. I can't accept the high honor of hero, but I do accept cash gifts.

Linda biggrin.gif

P.S. actually, my family said they were okay, but not as decadent as the real thing... sorry. I loved them because they were legal and still chocolate chip cookies!
shel1210
QUOTE (lfc @ Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:03)
I can't accept the high honor of hero, but I do accept cash gifts.   

Linda  biggrin.gif

P.S.    actually, my family said they were okay, but not as decadent as the real thing... sorry. I loved them because they were legal and still chocolate chip cookies!

laugh.gif laugh.gif You crack me up!!!

I think when I try them, I'll maybe use legal chocolate to make the a little more "real" for my kiddos.
lekililina
Have you considered getting those Hershey's SF milk chocolate bars and chopping them up? They're a little more expensive, but that's what I did for those SF brownies I posted months ago, and it was WELL worth it. Besides, as long as you aren't making 3 batches a week, it isn't all that expensive ($1.50 a bag at WalMart here in MI).

Let me know!

Leslie
jokeje
Ok...you are ALL super heros to me! I'm SOOO ready for some GOOD legal cookies (Murray's SF lemon wafers are good, but mmmmmmmm chocolate!).

OK...so...the carob chips are OK? A friend of mine gave me her carob cookie recipe YEARS ago...best cookies I'd even had, but could never find those carob chips! Any ideas on that?

Joanie
lekililina
My only experience with carob was when I was a kid. My cousin couldn't have chocolate, so her mom gave us all carob. BLECH!!!

Hope you like it better!
lfc
I totally agree about the carob... it's not my favorite, but... if someone wants to stay boyscout legal... it works.

I AM going to try chopping up the sugar free chocolate for them!!! MMMM

Linda
davew
Almost 20years ago, we were part of a pot luck dinner, and the theme was Indian. We had dessert, which, as we now know, should have been fresh fruit. But, we went to the library and found a book that had some Indian desserts; we chose an unbaked cookie, and cream of carob pie. Neither were very good. The pie was beautiful; it looked just like chocolate cream pie. But, nobody took more than one bite. It was bad. I've never tried carob again, and don't see any reason to try it again.
jokeje
Hey guys!

I went online looking for carob chips, and found one with the ingredient listing. Not too sure it's perfectly legal...malted barley, malted corn....and some other stuff which made me say, "Hmmmm." Of course the amount is probably insignificant in comparision, and probably a better choice for substitute for the sweet baking chips.

Let me know what you think. Also, I'm posting a "Joanie's Dirt Pie" recipe!! MMmmmmmm.....

Joanie
Laura
Okay, I did a search for SF chocolate chips and found that alacarb.com has them in semisweet and milk chocolate chips. They are pricey at 6.99 a bag plus shipping so I'm going to talk to my health food store and see if they will get them for me. I am also going to try the recipe with the Hershey's SF chocolates.

Take care,

Laura
lekililina
I really DO urge you to try the Hershey's SF chocolates before you spend that much on chocolate chips. They're AWESOME, especially for baking, if you don't mind taking a couple minutes to chop them up. I think you'll be pleased, and they're quite a bit cheaper than the legal chips...
Laura
Thanks Leslie! I will try them with the Hershey's-I would think the cookies may be even better with them!

Take care,

Laura
Mike
What kind of sugar free syrup? Maple ?

also what are chocolate-I?

thanks

im going to give it a try tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.