Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soup
Glycemic Index Forum / Sugar Busters Forum > Main > Recipes
Kate
1/2 head very large (or 1 med. whole) cauliflower cut into small pieces

99% fat free chicken stock to cover

simmer until cauliflower is very tender (add small amount of water if necessary)

then stick blend cauliflower (or put in blender) until smooth

return to medium low heat

add:
1 large can Furmano's diced tomatoes

dried basil to taste (about 1/2 tablespoon)

simmer to heat tomatoes and allow basil to infuse soup (about 5 minutes)

remove from heat and slowly stir in 1/4 - 1/2 cup sour cream

Serves 4 - 5
pony
I love trying to figure out what ingredients are in good food from restaurants and try to recreate them myself. I visited Disney World in Orlando this weekend where they had a creamy southwestern tomato soup and it was good. I was trying to figure out the taste and believe it was the blended cauliflower. Hmmm thanks for helping........cant wait to try it.
lekililina
Is there anything special about Furmano's tomatoes, like special spices or something, or is it just the name brand? I haven't seen those around here.

Leslie
Kate
Furmano's uses no artificial ingredients. The crushed tomatoes have a minimum amount of salt and they add basil and "other spices"- that might be the secret. I don't have a can of the cubed ones, but they're good too. There's something about the brand that tastes fresher than most to me. I'm sure any brand you like would work. Mostly I like that they're low acid without adding sugar. You might have missed them, my grocery store usually has them on the bottom shelf behind a floor display wink.gif
lekililina
I'll have to look next time I go shopping. Thanks for the info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.